Help me out here. . .

by Copernicus 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Copernicus
    Copernicus

From a post I made on the "Dear brother You Know" thread, YK extracted this statement of mine:

"It [love] certainly wasn't something that many of us here experienced much of in the WT. . . "

He responded that: "That's not been my experience. But, part of the problem may rest with you. In fact I am sure of it. If you didn't experience love among God's people it is because you were unloving yourself. Jesus revealed that that's the way Jehovah's universe works. The more you give the more you get. Try it. It works. / You Know"

Yes, some how I knew it was entirely all my fault [8>] I think I read several articles to that effect while trying to work it out. I cannot say that I NEVER experienced love while in the WT, I did, and of a fine quality. But I also faced an overwhelmingly disproportionate share of personal abuse (mainly due to judgmental attitudes) by the "friends." Most witnesses that I know have of late reduced their association to but a small handful of close and fair minded associates to avoid the backstabbing, lying, and gossip so common and disruptive to the group as a whole. I guess that’s one way to deal with it.

So what do you think? Is YK right? What’s been your experience is this area?

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

The only way You Know's post can possibly be correct is if his definition of "love among God's people" is:
    "Going out of your way to join and belong to the right clique."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit