these quotes

by lastcall 4 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• lastcall
    lastcall

Robert PevyDisfellowshipping?Practicing a Bible Standard
    Disfellowshipping is a procedure which is laid down in the Bible . . . A young girl who was disfellowshipped and later reinstated said: "I am happy that Jehovah loves his people enough to see that his organization is kept clean. What may seem harsh to outsiders is both necessary and really a loving thing to do. I am grateful that our heavenly Father is a loving and forgiving God."

View Disfellowshipping?Practicing a Bible Standard.

Did you ever notice how all of these quotes sound like they are the same person. Same style, same feel.

"Those are real people -- the society wouldn't lie to us" -- a young publisher in Senegal

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Hey, PR departments do it all the time - I'm sure the WTS learned well.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

ROFL @ lastcall!

I wouldn't automatically assume that it's made up, however. Think about the interviews at assemblies... most of them sound like exactly the same person. Any good dub knows how to speak the party line.

• lastcall
    lastcall

Euph , your absolutely right it is hard to tell.

But you would think that if these quotes were completely legit, that some sort of character or color would shine through, even if only once in awhile. But no, same company line every time, same language, same words, same phrasing, same rythym.

What that tells me is that they absolutely have to change peoples quotes. They may get permission ( from the real people) but they have to at the least be watchtowerizing all comments from the "brothers."

• Piph
    Piph

That's just sad. :(

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit