If the GB members over the years all had children, would the DF / Shunning policy be softer?

by stuckinarut2 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Just a question I was pondering:

Most of the GB over the years, from the time of Rutherford right through to today, have not had children I think? (Correct me please if I am wrong)

The bond of love a parent has for their child is one of the strongest ever.

So would the hard-line stance of shunning (particularly one's own children) of those who leave the society, be softer if they all had children?

Thoughts?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I wouldn't have thought most were childless but I don't know the numbers so sorry, can't comment on that.

What I will say is no I don't think it would have made a difference to DFing policy because WT is a cult/business masqerading as a religion, compassion doesn't come into it with them, only power and control.

• sir82
    sir82

Morris has (now adult) kids, and he seems to be the one most gung-ho about punishment,

Back in the olden days, Schroeder had a son.

So, I'd say no - wouldn't make a difference.

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Rutherford had a wife and son. Sounds to me he his them in LA.. Son grew up and turned his back on JWs.

• Chook
    Chook

They would only have choice of being hard on their kids , they would sacrifice their kids to the altar of supreme GB throne. They would lead by example , throw there kids under the bus and show the world how to perfect shunning. Stuckinarut2 your getting a little soft thinking that empathy would surface ,these guy would hear heart wrenching stories every day about family destruction based on their rules , yet sleep every night thinking they are walking the steps of Jesus. Could you imagine Tony Morris washing anyone's feet. Karma would be for one of their children to leave the church but the problem lies there is always a victim.

• stillin
    stillin

What I have been seeing is that the more self righteous the parents are, the more hard-line they are with their wayward kids. It gives them something to boast about. Would members of the GB ever do that? I think, maybe...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

If the GB members over the years all had children

They Would Look Like This...

Image result for Minions

would the DF / Shunning policy be softer?

No...

The WBT$ GB Would Still Be the Same Cold Hearted Bastards.

Tuff Shit Son...

You`re Out!!....DF`d!!...........OK, Bye Dad...*What an asshole*

Image result for WatchTower Anthony morris.Image result for Minions sad

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great replies.

Yes, maybe I was being too generous or hopeful in my outlook.

As many have said, their track record does show that they will never be anything except hard hearted

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I think that if the GB had children, they'd still take the same stance for the rank and file. However, as has been proven in the past with the likes of Chitty and Greenleas, the rules would be different for GB families. They would protect their own. Nepotism rules in that filthy cult. I've witnessed it first hand.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit