Now this is what I call a miracle

by WildHorses 5 Replies latest jw friends

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Toddler Thought Dead Makes Recovery

FULLERTON, Calif. (Nov. 8) - A 20-month-old girl was pronounced dead at a hospital after being found face-down in a swimming pool, but a police investigator later noticed her breathing and she was revived.

The toddler's mother discovered her in the family pool Friday morning and she was taken to Anaheim Memorial Medical Center, where she was pronounced dead about an hour later, said Fullerton police Sgt. Ron Gillett.

A police investigator alone in the hospital room taking photographs of the girl's body saw some movement and noticed her breathing, Gillett said. Medical staff then fully revived the child.

The toddler was later transferred to Childrens Hospital of Orange County and was listed Friday night in critical condition, said Susan Thomas, a hospital spokeswoman.

11/08/03 02:11 EST

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Hope with all my heart this little girl makes it.

• Poztate
    Poztate

Sounds to me like some one was a little hasty at the hospital in pronouncing her dead.I would like to see them investigate how that happened.

• JH
    JH

How many people did they declare dead in the past, and maybe weren't. Who knows...

• simplesally
    simplesally

I read this on my online newspaper and could not believe it. I also noticed that the parents although they were in the process of replacing the old fencing around the pool, it was left unfenced. So, it serves as a warning that when you have to do that kind of a job, you have to make other provisions for the "what ifs" in life.

Believe me, my daughter has gotten out of the house MORE than once. And I am not a bad mom. We had just moved and I didn't realize she could open the dead bolt. So, had something happened when she got out like get hit by a car or kidnapped, I'd never forgive myself, because the 2nd time never should have happened. I just didn't have time to get to Home Depot that week to figure out what to do. Now there is a hotel style device up near the top of the door (its not a chain, but the kind that you flip over so if she opens the door, it stops it at about 3 or 4 inches wide.)

• Enishi
    Enishi

If this little girl came back, it makes you wonder how long people can be pronounced clinically dead, and there still be a chance of resuscitating them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit