The Memorial

by lriddle80 3 Replies latest jw friends

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

So, I went to the memorial to honor my mom. I got interested because they were going to talk about how Jesus saves. But, they never really told anyone how to be saved. They said you had to show appreciation for the ransom about 75 times, but never spoke about what that meant. They also said that Christendom teaches that all good people go to heaven. Um, no they don't. What's a "good" person anyway? Because, that's not a thing. No mention of belief.

Then, my family were so loving to me. When I go to their house they barely show any love and I invited them to lunch one time and they were an hour late and my dad barely looked at me or talked much. But there, oh how happy they were, taking pictures, hugging me. It was kind of nice, but it was all a show to get me to come back and I just don't know how to feel about that.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Yes. It is love bombing at its best. Our family tried it as well. When you know what to expect, it makes it a little easier to figure out what they are doing.

It is nice to feel loved and accepted. We all want that, especially from family. The problem is, if you don't do the JW tasks (field service, meeting attendance, assemblies, etc.), you will be considered "not progressing in the truth." Once they see this, the love bombing stops. It's conditional love vs. un conditional love.

I guess we all have to realize what they do and why. It's a tough one. Hugs to you!

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    It was kind of nice, but it was all a show to get me to come back and I just don't know how to feel about that.

Thank you for sharing. Good that you had a little normalcy with your family. Sad that it has to be under those circumstances.

• LV101
    LV101

Yep, the evil cult even controls how their adherents even feel/treat their own blood -- down to the last drop! Delusional fantasy chasers following con men. Some humanoid snake-oil salesmen are pathetic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit