If you had the opportunity to create religious doctrine from scratch,what rule would your church or nation have?

by Chook 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There is just one sin--stupidity.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I would create the Gentle Goddess Dietima (sounds Greek). 1) Make it in charge of something people already focus on. Something like eating too much fast food and dietary practices. You have millions of people who are in your target audience. 2)Make it easy for them to buy into the worship of your New God. 3)Make cool symbols, something people already know and see everywhere, and easy to draw and say. 4)You need an opposing force not necessarily an arch-enemy but an opposite perspective so that people can pick sides and fight over things. Think about it, is there anyone you know that isn't painfully aware of diets and dieting. 5)So when you die your reward, rivers flowing in chocolate and you won't gain an ounce to your body everyone will have that perfect shape.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Chook - "If you had the opportunity to create religious doctrine from scratch, what rule would your church or nation have?"

Church rule #1: Religion is optional.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Upon turning 18, pole dancing would be a requirement for sisters to learn.

Rub a Dub

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Obligatory thongs for women members aged 18 to 35.

• JeffT
    JeffT
    I'd have one doctrine: make up your own mind about everything. Don't let anybody else (including me) tell you what to believe.
  • TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

Absolute Priority Rule : Building a Mirador in the World Headquarters !

• sir82
    sir82

Rule 1 - no pooftahs.

Rule 2 - no member of the faculty is to maltreat the abos in any way whatsoever if there's anyone watching.

Rule 3 - no pooftahs.

Rule 4 - I don't want to catch any of you not drinking after lights out.

Rule 5 - no pooftahs.

Rule 6 - there is NO Rule 6.

Rule 7 - no pooftahs!

• Chook
    Chook

It's not an easy thing to do, that is created a legal system which is fair and just. When someone in a community violates a person of their right to live in peace. Murders ,theft, violence against innocent need deterrence. Legal systems in church's and nations always end in a system which everyone is guilty of some "crime" because of the implementation of hundreds of regulations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit