Burnt from a blanket

by morty 6 Replies latest jw friends

• morty
    morty

Yes, you heard correctly.....On this past weekend I plugged in our electric blanket and put it on my bed...I turned it on to warm it up a bit like I always usally do before going to bed in the fall and winter.....It was on for about a half hour or so then I decided to crawl in....it was about 3 in the morning and I woke up to my leg burning ....No kidding....The blanket had been so hot that it burnt a hole through it and went through my p.j's and burnt my leg.....was I ever upset about the whole thing....I went to Sears yesterday.( that is where the blanket was purchased) and apparently they had a recall on their "Sears" brand blankets last year...Know one ever contacted me to tell me this....Needless to say they replaced my blanket and all I got was a "we are sorry"... I found the clerk to be rather rude about the whole thing.....I asked for her superviser but she was out to lunch as well......I just feel it could have been delt with a little more TLC.....I mean I did get burnt that did blister... I then asked her this question ".what if that had been a child?" Her responce was, you are not suppose to use these blankets on infants.....I then said " I said child not infat" Do you think I should leave this matter or take it to a higher person in the company?

Just to inform some people that have purchased electric blankets from Sears, with their name brand on them...that you have to be careful..

mortons68

• shamus
    shamus

Take it higher. Don't accept that for an answer! You have enough for a class action lawsuit on your hands, for sure. I say it doesn't have to go that far, but they owe you something! That's totally unacceptable!

• morty
    morty

thank you shamus for your 2 cents....I do feel that way has well...I am not looking to sue them, but I felt they were not sorry in the least....I have even showed them my burn and all she did was sqish her nose like she smelled a bad smell or something...My hubby took pics and I have a doctors report to..( well actually I have it noted by the doctor what happened) Is there anybody here that would know what my rights were?

mortons68

• Sassy
    Sassy

wow. I never heard of that. How scary!

• Panda
    Panda

Mort, Take it higher. Did you have to buy meds for the burn? Send them the bill for that too. If You threw the bill out go buy the same meds again and send that in. The rudeness also needs to be addressed.

• simplesally
    simplesally

I would take it higher. I'd call the president of the store's office and if he doesn't take your call, call their legal department. Or go to a web site for free legal advice.

• morty
    morty

Can you belive know one wants to help me in this matter......I did take it higher and know one has still not returned my phone calls.....I think I got the same girl that I spoke to in the store.....I am sooooo frreakin mad!.....Now what do I do?Maybe I should write a letter? I dunno what else to do about this?...Besides boycott Sears? If I did write a letter, should it go to head office or to the Sears I bought it at?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit