'JEHOVAHS' HASSLED MY TWO KIDDIES&#...

by Gianluca 0 Replies latest jw friends

• Gianluca
    Gianluca

Hello,
    Here is some more news on the JW's:

RELIGIOUS TARGET: Bethany Groom, aged six, and her three-year-old brother Jim

AN ANGRY mum today blasted two Jehovah’s Witnesses for approaching and talking to her children – aged just six and three.

Little Bethany Groom, six, and three-year-old Jim Herring, were playing on their own in their mother’s Hartlepool front garden when the two women approached.

They talked to the youngsters before handing them literature from the fundamentalist Christian sect.

But the children’s mum, Jane Groom, today slammed their actions and said it contradicted everything she had tried to teach her youngsters about not talking to strangers.

Jane, 28, of Elmwood Road, Low Throston, said: “I don’t think it’s on. The whole stranger issue. I find it highly irresponsible.

“I’ve had to sit my children right down and talk about strangers and who they can be. I know their intent was to push their religion, but this is going against everything I’ve taught them.

“This is 2001. Think of the things that have happened and what can be the consequences.

“Everything I’ve tried to teach my children – it goes against all that. They should go and do their thing at their own place of worship and leave people to make their own minds up, and certainly think twice before approaching any small child.”

Jane was upstairs when she spotted the two Jehovah’s Witnesses – both women in their 40s – talking to her children in the front garden.

She immediately ran downstairs and jumped in her car to catch up with the pair.

Jane, a teacher, added: “I went to give them their stuff back. I was so angry I didn’t even read it properly.

“I said ‘you have approached my two children, both under eight, playing in their own space’.

“I’m the first one to say that anyone is entitled to their opinions, but I don’t agree with trying to push it.

“They don’t need to disturb people in their free time and push it on them.
    “I’ve got my own beliefs, but I certainly keep them to myself.”

A member of Hartlepool Jehovah’s Witnesses declined to comment on the incident when contacted by the Hartlepool Mail.

The link to the article is the following:
    http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/story3.html

Ciao
    Gianluca

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit