Help needed From Dallas Peeps

by Valis 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis

Greetings everyone. I have a bit of a situation that maybe you can help me out with. A student of mine, a very bright and intelligent young man, has currently lost his home and is living in shelters and under bridges at the moment. He has a car, but the real thing I would like to do is to help him find a job. He moved here to Dallas to get away from a little town near Houston because things were so economicaly bad. So, if any of you know of a job, and it doesn't have to be high paying, just something to get him back on track, it would be most appreciated and I would definitely be in your debt. I fear he will drop my class if his current situation doesn't get better rather soon. Thanks for any help you might be able to offer or suggest.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Val-

My suggestion is a staffing service. If he's reliable and has transportation and he's not real particular- they should have work for him.

Good luck with this !!

XW

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Does he have a resume? If so, fax it to me at work (call me tomorrow at work & I'll give you the #) and I'll give it to our Office Manager. If we don't have anything, she might know of something or could put him in touch with some of her friends who have temp agencies.

Nina

• Valis
    Valis

Nina...thanks much. I'll do that tomorrow! Glad you guys got back safe!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

We did -- wiped out too! I do have your camera, your sunglasses, and a couple of other things . . . . Check your PM's and I'll send you the work #.

Nina

• Jade
    Jade

Valis,

I have several contacts but they are in Arlington and Fort Worth. If you think that would work, pm me and I will give you the phone numbers and info.

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit