Chapped Ass Thread

by little witch 9 Replies latest jw friends

• little witch
    little witch

Since so many of us here are having some bad times lately, I thought I would start a thread, just to let off some steam!

You know that new labor law? The one that allows businesses to not pay overtime? Well, we just fell victim.... and that just chapps my ass!!!!

My husband worked 76 hours last week. We missed our anniversary celebration, and his birthday. He came home exhausted and our only solace was that we would have extra money and celebrate on the weekend.........uh-uh.

Two days later he comes home mid-day. They said he had "comp time" and this was so they wouldnt have to pay overtime he had worked.....

I am now one pissed off republican!!!!!

What just chapps your ass?

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Actually, "comp time" is illegal in most states. Check it out.

• Valis
    Valis

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Sassy
    Sassy

mmmm nice chaps Vallis

I'm upset because (as I mentioned in another thread) a car rental company is trying to bill us for damage to a car we rented that was fine and dandy when we returned it. I just got pictures from them in the mail and we are not talking a little scratch on the side of a car we didn't notice, the drivers front side is all bashed in. This car is in serious damage and near impossible to drive. Someone is pulling a scam on us and I am really pissed off.. I mean this chaps my ass!

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

That sucks

• Odrade
    Odrade

I'm chapped because I got suckered into going to a JW family gathering tonight instead of playing halloween. A whole LOVELY evening of keeping our mouths shut while they try to re-recruit us back into their cult.

phhhhbt!

• little witch
    little witch

LOL thanks valis, that made me laugh!

SNS I read your thread about that....EGADS! Methinks you should get some legal aid quick!!!

Now I wonder, does chapstick heal chapped ass?

Odrade: That would chap my ass too!

Phantom: I believe this new statute is courtesy of President Bush signing the new labor law for this specific intent, to allow comp time to be given in leiu of OT.

If anyone has any info on it, I would greatly appreciate it.

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

I work at a hospital I get comp time. Thats holiday time worked.

oldcrow

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

It is true that in the private sector, most states prohibit "comp time." However, this only applies if the time off is given in a different week than the overtime worked. For the most part, it is perfectly legal for employers to require overtime on several days per week, then send employees home early on other days to avoid working over 40 hours in that week.

• little witch
    little witch

Thankyou Worldlygirl,

that is exactly what happened to us. Grrr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit