California MUDSLIDE SEASON opens

by mustang 6 Replies latest jw friends

• mustang
    mustang

I went out to the car this morning and noticed a fast single-engine plane "scud-running" towards the mountains ringing the LA Basin. There were white "cumulo-puffs" (towering cumulo-nimbus clouds) lazily moving east (normal weather flow pattern restored).

There was ~70% overcast (constitutes a ceiling). These will NOT get over the mountains without dumping rain. (Warm, moist air rises; clouds swell & blacken; as clouds have to climb to cross the mountain range, they cool; cooling moisture condenses and PRECIPITATES!!! Meteorology 101 from Ground School).

By the time I got to work, it was drizzling and the windshield wipers were needed. So, the mountains will get wet, if we get any at all.

This will drop much needed rain where it is needed: the fires are in the mountains. But, the loss of ground cover will cause both flooding and landslides of loose soil.

Oh, well, the savior is to become the villain

Mustang

Of Orange County, CA.

• rocketman
    rocketman

California is the State From Hell. Seriously, I don't know how that place survives. Pity.

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

Hello Mustang Sally~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have'nt heard from you a while?? Hope you are doing well?

Its me from Minnie-soda that lives in Minnie- No Where in the Land of 10,000 Lakes.

Old Crow

• shamus
    shamus

What the fires do is it causes the sand to melt into a layer that is like WAX! Thus, the top layer slides off way easier. So if the fires don't get ya, the mud will. It is a really shitty situation to be in.

God help you all if it starts to really pour... seriously. Those mud slides are terrible!

• freedom96
    freedom96

And the rain is officially here. Been raining all morning in San Diego.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Whoa! Mustang, scared me there for a second, I thought you were refering to the time of the year when the elders come out and act like they actually care about the disfellowshipped ones/inactives. Yeah the rain looks good, and hopefully will put and end to the fires. Buff

• mustang
    mustang

No, Buffalo,

That would be the S***SLIDE SEASON.

Good to hear from you, guy; it's been a while

Mustang

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit