I guess I will be sticking around for a while

by What The....... 4 Replies latest jw friends

• What The.......
    What The.......

First off I would like to thank you all for your replies and the warm welcome. I was not expecting this. I wasn?t expecting you to cuss me out either, but anyway thanks. I did get one email.. ( The board account)?that really was quite strange. The person identified themselves as a JW and told me that I would not find much positive here. I don?t know if this is a warning or what, but it still bothered me. I thought about going to the Elders in my congregation about my doubts, but am afraid of being labeled an apostate. The last time I went to the Elders about a question and didn?t agree with them and wanted more of an explanation they said I was on dangerous ground thinking the way I was. I wish I had more time, but I don?t want to get caught writing this. Till next time. What The?..

• talesin
    talesin

What The ...

imho, and from what I know my relatively short time here, as long as the posting guidelines are abided by, it's a free country as far as disagreeing in a respectful, non-threatening fashion. There are some really lively discussions that ensue. (Posting guidelines are listed below the text box when you type in a reply.)

If you are receiving PMs that you find uncomfortable, just tell that person not to send you any more messages. If they persist, you may want to send a PM to a moderator (they have a star and the words Forum Assistant by their name when they post) ask the board administration for assistance and/or advice.

oh, and btw

WELCOME TO THE BOARD

talesin

• metatron
    metatron

I don't know who said it but:

"I'd rather have questions I can't answer than questions I'm not allowed

to ask". Welcome! Ask whatever you wish!

metatron

• gumby
    gumby
    I thought about going to the Elders in my congregation about my doubts, but am afraid of being labeled an apostate.

Not a good move to consider. The things you doubt are probably authentic doubts that the elders cannot do anything about it, except tell you you shouldn't question things. You are correct in saying you would be suspect as apostate and nothing would come from your questions except negative bad results from them.

If you have doubts......you don't need them to answer these doubts. They are no smarter than you. Check out their claims against their OWN statements.......do some reading from those who can show you the other side of the coin. A good start is "crisis of conscience". Have you read it yet?

Gumby

• Special K
    Special K

Hi again What the..

So.. you have found out that you can't ask questions to the elders. You can't ask questions and your information input is severely restricted by the beliefs of the Watchtower society.

did you know that this is one of the signs of a group that uses mind control to keep it's followers in their ranks.

..They restrict what information that one can read or see or use. They only want you to read their material and they only want you to hear what they have to say.

.. I hope that you will stay with us. Read. See. Hear and research the Jehovah's Witness. Keep talking to us here and tell us what you learn.

..sincerely

Special K

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit