Memorial Invite

by littlerockguy 8 Replies latest jw friends

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I moved back to my hometown almost a year ago after being away for almost 20 years. Since that time it's gotten around to others in the area and my relatives how I view the organization, not to mention that my brother and sister have outed me to some people about my sexual orientation and that's all it takes. So now I feel estranged somewhat from relatives I used to be close to even though I have not been outright shunned by them. Several have unfriended me on facebook and have been distant but would say hi and talk to me if I ran into them in a grocery store.

Back to topic of my post, I was at home yesterday and had been up all morning around the house. My mother had went out and done some shopping and came in the front door and had a memorial invitation she said she found in the door. I never heard the door knock and nobody rang the doorbell.

Is this what field service and tract placements are going to now? Just put one in the door and run? I live in a small town of about 10,000 which is the central marketing area for the surrounding rural area in every direction and there are 2 congregations for this area and years ago I went to the closer congregation even though I lived in the territory of the other congregation but I have relatives in both congregations. I just wonder if somebody I knew put it there or if it was from someone in that congregation that didn't know me or where I live.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Yep, happened to me last year. I was sitting on the couch and heard the screen door move a little and assumed it was the wind. When I left an hour or so later, I discovered a memorial invite had been put in it. I'm quite sure that no one in my current territory knows who I am or where I live, so it's not special treatment for apostates necessarily. I think they're generally discouraged and it makes them not want to try very hard anymore. Just gotta get in their time so they can keep their friends.

• Teufel
    Teufel

Let's be honest, nobody enjoys the ministry and handing out tracts was considered easy ministry. I used to do exactly as the above when possible. I wasn't interested in preaching the religion. And even if i did speak to them what would the message be? "Hi, please come to our memorial where we do the exact opposite of what Jesus commanded, pass the bread and wine but not eat or drink it".

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Just happened to me the other day. I was going out and there was the tract slipped into the screen.

After looking at the front picture, I notice the copy he is holding up, is differently composed then what is on the current tract. I guess they couldn't make up their mind and edited it at the last moment.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Also on Gorby's door this week. No bell ringing.

G.

• steve2
    steve2

Another bizarre invitation where most of those in attendance do not actually enjoy the meal but are mere observers. Why bother going?

• Steel
    Steel

I am still trying to figure out the point of hosting it since they changed the meaning of the faithful slave.

• Alicia
    Alicia

Yes! That has happened several times at my door, ive found invitations, tracks etc... no doorbell or knocks. They slip it in through the screen door and keep it moving.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Today I read the invite. It did not touch mr at all.

2 details I notice:

(C) 2018 Watch Towet Blble and Tract Society of Pennsylvania

Printed in Britain by Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Britain

Registred in England as a Charity

Why all these mentioned on a simple inventation?

It would rease questions by me...

Money money money it's so funny

G.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit