"Millions Now Living..........." - For Sale

by Ivor Hope 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Ivor Hope
    Ivor Hope

If anyone is interested in acquiring an original copy of this book from Judge Rutherford, outlining his views on the end of the system of things and the resurrection of the Faithful men of Old in the 1920's, then I know that there is a copy up for auction on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=12571&item=3562147501

You can see some of the extracts at:

http://www.geocities.com/ivor_hope/millions/millions.html

• Latte
    Latte

Ivor,

"Millions Now Living May Never Die!" SORRY ....no we are absolutely sure so we will now change the title to say..

"Millions Now Living WILL Never Die!"

Thanks for pointing this sale out............I would of been most interested. The title itself is one big lie! Pondering on this made me think deeply with the result that I quickly concluded that I've been lied to all my life.

I just don't understand why other dubs can't see it!

Looks like I was too late to pick this one up.

Many thanks Ivor!

• Ivor Hope
    Ivor Hope

Latte,

This book was one of the major factors in helping me break free from the B-Org.

When you read what Rutherford had to say in this book, it is clear he was meaning that those living in 1920 would never die...because they would be alive in 1925....the start of the New Order, accompanied by the resurrected faithful worthies.

Then when they hadn't arrived by 1927 he decided to build a house for them at Beth Sarim, on the obvious understanding that despite having died in the Middle East they would definately be resurrected in San Diego, California!!

He just kept the place warm for them, living in this beautiful mansion for the rest of his life, just waiting for their arrival...it was the least he could do!!

• Panda
    Panda

Oh good grief --- if this wasn't so sad it'd be funny. I really believed in this organisation 100%. I gave my all, my youth and energy. They used me up and all the while if I'd just read this book I might have begun to think ! How HOW does anyone think this is the truth?

• SandyJo
    SandyJo

How could anybody feel it is the "truth" I think that is quite easy. I am a disfellowshiped Jehovah Witness, but, I miss being in his organization daily. Why?

Well consider these bible principles that have always been taught by the society. "No Smoking" Well, that is in fact to our advantage. Because it is unclean behavior.

And then consider the bibles principles on fornication...Does that bible principle keep us safe from sexually transmitted diseases?

I do believe they need to update thier policies when it comes to people who have hurt children in any form. I think the congregation should be made aware of what that person has done. Because even if he/she is my brother or sister, I would want to protect my child from somebody who might harm them. And as for thier witnessing. Not sure why nobody else has suggested this one, but if there is somebody in the congregation that MAY cause harm to a child in any manner, they do phone witnessing now. So, that person would not be knocking on anybodies door. And if he/she is not knocking on the door, then he/she would not have access to our children.

And as far as it goes, Charles Russell was new. He was trying his best to do God's will. He was not trying to do it for selfish reasons. He sincerely did try. So he did mis-interpete scriptures. But, let all of us remember we are all imperfect human beings. All of us do make mistakes.

Just some thoughts of mine.

• SandyJo
    SandyJo

One more thing the smoking issue. I realize that Jehovah Witnesses did use to smoke.

But, the society sometime in the mid 70's, pointed out that it was unclean. so, the majority stopped smoking. also they quit growing tobacco. But, that truly was light shining. Because later it was proven how harmful ciggerette smoking is for your health. along with anybody that is in the same room with you.

• Latte
    Latte

Sandyjo, You said

I am a disfellowshiped Jehovah Witness, but, I miss being in his organization daily.

I can certainly relate to you on this one. I do at times miss my JW friends and the association that came with them however, I am adamant that I will not put my own children in the position of cultivating ?friends? who will readily abandon them over personal religious beliefs. I am neither DA/DF'd by the way.....just happy.

There is enough badness in this world without the JW ?s adding to it. It does make for great sadness in those that have left for deep, well founded doubts of this ?cult? ??..sorry but that is exactly what is - a CULT.

Sandyjo, please click onto Ivors site , check what it says. Think as to how Jah? would view this person who claims to speak on his behalf. Do you really think that ?being imperfect? jah would let him off lightly for telling honest hearted persons lies in his name??? Think of the examples in the scriptures regarding ones who were presumptuous.

By the way?..Warm Welcome to the board. There are some wonderful people who post on here?.hope that you stick around!

• Ivor Hope
    Ivor Hope

Hi Sandyjo,

Lots of people have said that Russel was doing his best and he was only human after all. That same sentiment is still being used about the WTS today. The only problem with that argument is that it was claimed that Russel, then Rutherford and Knorr claimed to be the "Faithful & Discreet Slave". Franz changed it to encompass the remnant of the 144,000. As such they are supposed to have a "direct line" to Jehovah as He is communicating to His people by means of this slave class. If that was true, then no longer can Russell, Rutherford etc. be excused for making "human" mistakes. They claimed there "truth" doctrine was coming directly from Jehovah. In 1972 the Watchtower carried an article claiming the FDS class to be "Inspired" of God (a claim they have since tried to retract).

If this FDS class was inspired, then how can it make mistakes - or are we saying Jehovah makes mistakes.

If it is NOT inspired, then what right do they have to disfellowship or excommunicate anyone who disagrees with their understanding of scripture and doctrine. Surely if they are only doing their best to understand these things as men, then I have every right to choose to accept their interpretation or reject it.

Unfortunately, that is not the case in the Organisation...you accept it or get thrown out!

You will miss the people and association, as I did. But just analyse how real those friends were, who can turn their back on you overnight based on the decision of 3 men who at best are only human and trying to do their best to follow the decrees of a man made organisation, and who at worst are totally inept, unqualified and too inexperienced in life to be making such far reaching decisions.

Many of the principles taught and practices taught by the WTS are good and I continue to live my life by them. But, despite what the Society claims, there are many other people living their lives by those same scriptural principles who are NOT JWs.

Take care

Ivor

www.geocities.com/ivor_hope

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit