Will the brothers at Brooklyn Bethel answer my questions this time?

by Benny Sikter 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Benny Sikter
    Benny Sikter

Dear friends, Can I use your email address to discuss with you? I really want to hear your reply to these questions:

How did the death of Jesus Christ buy back what Adam had lost? In a spiritual way or physical? If physically, why is not Adam alive? If spiritually, why is Jesus Christ still alive? And should these two sons of God remain dead physically? Did God, because of the origin sin of Adam, loose one or two or none of His sons? (See Acts 2:22-36; Romans 6:7)

Does the Almighty God really need a sacrifice to be in good relationship to man? If a little boy had been disobedient to his father, does his father in return need anything from his little boy? Should the boy kill himself or should he give his father some money or something else in order to cover up his disobedience? Opposite, should the father kill his own little boy or take something from him in order to cover up his disobedience? (See Isaiah 1:18; Acts 17:25; Compare Mark 9:43-48)

Would Adam and Eve ever be resurrected from the dead ones? If not, will their resurrected sons and daughters miss their parents in Gods New World? And what about the grandchildren? Will they miss their grandparents? Is it possible for those resurrected children “to keep paying a due compensation to their parents and grandparents” in the future for the reason that they are living because Adam and Eve had give birth and raised them? Is Jehovah God “satisfying the desire of every living thing” or just “not quite” every living thing? (Psalm 145:16; 1 Timothy 5:4; See Acts 24:15)

Love
    [email protected]

• sens
    sens

Also ask them....

If Death is the price of sin....arent Adam & Eve's sins payed for?

• integ
    integ

No they won't answer your questions. But they will send over some of their representatives to start a bible study with you if you want, as long as you don't bring up a subject they don't want to talk about.

Integ.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

This whole ransom question never sat right with me either . I accepted it, of course as an integral part of the faith and undoubtedly a Scriptural teaching. It just did not add up in logic, however.

I have since read a book by a Muslim cleric who tried to debunk the whole Christian teaching . His point boiled down to this illustration . If you had 2 sons( typifying Jesus and Adam ) 1 was very good and the other disobedient to the point of deserving expulsion from the family. Would any parent allow the good son to voluntarily suffer punishment instead of the bad one. What good would it do?

What kind of twisted justice would kick the ##### out of the good son as payment for the wrongs of the other one?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I think Jesus was God who came to the earth to show us what God is really like (personality wise).

As for paying for our sins by his own life, that may be just how they veiwed it back then and may not really be totally correct.

As the Bible says the "word" of God became flesh which was a much deeper form of comunication of what God is like than just inspiring somebody to explain him.

As we all wounder why there is suffering in the world, for the Bible doesn't answer that question, I think God comming down the this earth as a man with all the physical limitations of a man, suffering the same things we suffer, even to the point of death thru torture, shows that God is not indifferent to our plight, and that it must be for a good reason, which we can't understand yet, but the fact that he suffered for us should give us, faith that if God would do this at great pain to himself he isn't asking us to do something he wouldn't do.

• robhic
    robhic

Frankie sez:

As we all wounder why there is suffering in the world, for the Bible doesn't answer that question, I think God comming down the this earth as a man with all the physical limitations of a man, suffering the same things we suffer, even to the point of death thru torture, shows that God is not indifferent to our plight, and that it must be for a good reason, which we can't understand yet, but the fact that he suffered for us should give us, faith that if God would do this at great pain to himself he isn't asking us to do something he wouldn't do.

Interesting point, but just how long should he ask us to do it? I mean, c'mon, it's been thousands of years and his lame-assed bet with Satan isn't satisfied yet? I, personally, am getting a little tired of suffering for stuff some old goat-herder is responsible for thousands of years ago! Enough is enough!

Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit