Paternity and DNA

by YoursChelbie 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

There was an interesting case on TV the other day about a man whose wife had a child and he believed that this was his child until the wife told him she had relations with another man around the time that the child was conceived. He was devastated to learn that this child whom he considered his own, might in fact, not be his.

A DNA test was done and confirmed this man's worst fear: He was NOT the father.

If you were in a similar situation, what would you do? Would you leave your cheating spouse and start your life over? Would love for your wife (inspite of her unfaithfulness) and love for that child cause you to remain in the marriage?

YC

• scumrat
    scumrat

Bye..Bye

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.....

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Did this scenario hit close to home with someone?

I'm not a male, of course, but I would probably have zero tolerance if a person did this to me. I'd want out ASAP.

Don't blame you one bit.

YC

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I know someone this happened to. It was a horrible situation. The kid was 4 years old when he found out. This child was the world to him. He did divorce his wife and she actually tried to cut him out of the boys life. That did not fly in court. He actually had the kid more than she does. 60% of the week and I think she has to pay him child support. His feelings never did change toward the child.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit