Somebody else's words, my beliefs.......

by leddfootdja 2 Replies latest jw friends

• leddfootdja
    leddfootdja

http://www.wraith.ca/random_thoughts/death.htm

I can't say I know for certain, but I hope this life isn't all there is. Not that I'm ungrateful, I value the opportunities that this life has to offer. I also hope that the wings of death will carry me forward to another plane on which to grow and develop.

Death is an end; an end to set of hopes and dreams, fears, successes and failures. What is carried forward, if anything, has been a topic of debate spanning history. Many cultures believe that people do change levels of being in some fashion; the direction and magnitude of the change being the sum total of positive and negative doings and/or personal growth. This seems to be a 'fair' model; limitations being set by unresolved fears and advancements dictated by positive growth of spirit. The universe is about balance and a circular flow of life and energy, and there is no malice in nature's course. But after our individual circles are complete, is there more? As our bodies become the dirt which grows the grass which feeds the cows which we once ate, does the spirit which we once called life continue? Do we continue, or did man invent God for fear of dying?

Each of us needs to make our own choice and live our lives accordingly. I constantly strive for personal growth and the conquering of my fears; not to make sure my tally is enough for the next step toward nirvana, but because I've defined that growth as part of the purpose of my life. I believe that at the moment of death, that sum will add clearly before my eyes and the feeling of accomplishment or failure upon viewing that display will make the difference between a good death and a bad one.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    I constantly strive for personal growth and the conquering of my fears; not to make sure my tally is enough for the next step toward nirvana, but because I've defined that growth as part of the purpose of my life. I believe that at the moment of death, that sum will add clearly before my eyes and the feeling of accomplishment or failure upon viewing that display will make the difference between a good death and a bad one.

Well said.... it follows my own beliefs regarding this life

• shamus
    shamus

I, too, feel that there is purpose here in this life. Of course, we just don't know what it is.

Just be the best person that you can. Help people. Make the world a better place for everyone. That is all that you can do. Really help people out that need it... a neighbour who is elderly... can you help them with groceries? It sounds really stupid, but this is what I believe. I love to help people, people who have no means of repayment for you.

The greatest thing that you can do in life is make other people happy. That is where contentment comes in... you are happy when you make other people happy... simple but true.

(Okay, I forsee this board being quiet for 2 days wilst all posters go on street corners to help old ladies across the street, LOL! We'll all be fighting, arguing which one of us will have the pleasure... meanwhile, the grannie crosses without us and gets hit by a car... nobody notices, though. We;re still too busy arguing and screaming at each other... I'll be the one in by boy scout uniform that I'll dig up from my closet! )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit