Hate those long nights

by Sassy 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Sassy
    Sassy

I get insomnia a lot and I know others on here do as well. That is very common place for me. Tonight though, my back slid out just before I went to sleep. I know it is my fault. I've been readying my place for my bf to move in on Friday. I took on too much I guess and out my back slid. (I had a car accident in the past and have a weak back at times.) I tried to sleep but to no avail. Took a pain pill and although I think it might be helping some, nothing yet. Man it is going to be a long day tomorrow. Hate going to work after a night of no sleep. What do you do, besides read the board when you can't sleep?

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

When I can't sleep I'm usually on the board, but I might read or listen to music sometimes instead.

I don't know if spending too much time sitting in a chair is a good idea if your back slid out. When I had frequent back problems it was better if I would lay down with my feet elevated.

Walter

• Sassy
    Sassy

Usually my back will slid in when I am driving around in my truck (weird I know) but I have a cushion that fits in the perfect needed arch in my back that seems to get things in order. I was laying down and with the heating pad for three hours tonight but finally gave in and got up. I have a pillow in the arch of my back against my chair now. I think it is SLOWLY, sliding in.

• rocketman
    rocketman

sns, sorry tio hear about your back problems and lack of sleep.

I try to do something like reading or surfing the Net when I can't sleep. I don't know if the surfing is a good idea or not, but it bores me and maight make me tired. Or, I'll post here a bit - which also bores me and makes me tired.

• Sassy
    Sassy
    Or, I'll post here a bit - which also bores me and makes me tired.

are you trying to say we are boring here Rocketman? lol j/k

Well with a couple hours sleep I am doing better. Back is still stiff but I believe I will survive.

Sometimes I will play games on the computer till I get tired when I have insomnia.

• petespal2002
    petespal2002

I listen to music. Last night workmen arrived to work on nearby rail junction, holy hell in way of noise from 12pm to 3am. Makes the next day difficult.

• Sassy
    Sassy

Wow! that would be hard to sleep to! I would hate that. I'd probably be crabby too. It's one thing if my body doesn't let me sleep and quite another if others are causing my lack of sleep by inconsideration for the time of night noises are in full force.

I can't believe they were working that late. I suppose they had no choice.

• heathen
    heathen

I suggest seeing a chiropractor . I had horrible back pain for years then some people insisted I see a chiropractor and I tell you what I am still shocked at the relief . Some times sitting in a hot bath or taking a shower with the shower massage helped or a heating pad .

• morty
    morty

(((((SNS)))))

I KNOW ALL TO WELL ABOUT BACK PAIN. I LIVE WITH CRONIC BACK PAIN AND I AM ALSO WAITING TO HAVE SURGERY.THE BEST ADVICE I CAN GIVE YOU IS..(BESIDES PAIN KILLERS)YOU HAVE TO ALTERNET THE HOT AND COLD.15 MINS OF A HEATING PAD,THEN 15MINS OF A COLD ICE PACK.I ALSO END UP SLEEPING ON THE FLOOR OR A HARD SURFACE.WHEN I CANT SLEEP,I TO HAVE BEEN ON THE BOARD.I KNOW THAT THIS IS ALOT OF MONEY BUT I INVESTED INTO A TENS MACHINE.( IT IS A ELECTRIC CURRENT THAT GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING.) I HOPE THIS HELPS IN ANY WAY.HOPING YOU GET BETTER........

MORTONS68

• onacruse
    onacruse

Sweet-n-Sassy, just do what I do...open up a thread that seven006 is posting on...I guarantee 5 minutes max and your head will be on your keyboard! LOL

Craig

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit