No Sleep

by Caupon 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Caupon
    Caupon
    Like it is so annoying. As tired as I am and as painful these meetings are to listen to, I can not for the life of me fall asleep. Might close my eyes for 30 seconds but that seems to make me even more awake. There is literally no interest in what the speaker is saying nor whatever comments people have nor the reading of the magazines nor whatever is on that damned screen. I just wish I could fall asleep until it's over but no. For some reason my body makes me stay awake and with my blood shot eyes, you'd think it would be easy to but it is not. For most people it seems to be the easiest thing in the world to fall asleep to something so boring but not me.
  • krejames
    krejames
    .I was one of the lucky ones who always managed to fall asleep during the meetings and assemblies. Someone once told me the brain sometimes takes the opposite action to what your conscious thought is trying to do. They said the more you try to stay awake, the more likely you are to fall asleep - and conversely the more you try to fall asleep, the more likely you will stay awake.. Not sure how true it is but might be worth trying to stay awake during the meetings hehe...
  • KateWild
    KateWild

Krejames,

Lol yes that's the case with me at times. Very interesting.

Kate xx

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    Stay home. You can doze off much easier there and not have to listen to the cult crap too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit