asexuality

by peacefulpete 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I was reading about apomixis, (reproduction without the interaction of gametes) and found some interesting things. Dandelions for instance produce flowers and pollen that are useless to the plant. The flowers are evolutionary vestiges from ancetral plants that reproduced the usual way. The virgin whiptail lizard (Cnemidophorus neomexicanus) of the western United States has only females in its population. One female mounts and clasps another female, presumably to induce ovulation. Assuming that the lizards are diploid and their unfertilized eggs develop by mitotic oogenesis (without the reduction division of normal meiosis), then their offspring would be clones of each other.

Life on earth is never boring, it is always evolving into new and interesting things.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Oh my...another sex thread!!

Interesting stuff actually.

• SYN
    SYN

I had such a lewd comment lined up, but decided against it at the last moment. Damn. *must restraing myself*

Here's my take on that Awake issue:

BTW, no offense intended for real lesbians. I think lesbians are awesome!

• robhic
    robhic

Did you know that the Greek Liquor "Ouzo" is produced on he Island of Lesbos? Heard on TV last night, I think. Damn that Alex Trebek!!!

Robert

• rocketman
    rocketman

SYN great cover article!

• leddfootdja
    leddfootdja

What about asexual people?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Someone enlighten the wt that jehovah created lesbianism. I'm sure this will be new light to them.

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit