Meetings and masks

by optimisticskeptic 4 Replies latest jw friends

• optimisticskeptic
    optimisticskeptic

As it warms up wearing masks at meetings is getting really old. The numbers from the CDC don't take justify it in my opinion. Maybe come winter if things spike again. My thinking is they're prob being over zealous because they created a bunch of anti-medical community idiots who aren't vaccinated. COVID would spread like wildfire at most halls and even worse at branch locations. Oh yeah, and lots of people have no health insurance. Sigh, I've been really cautious throughout the pandemic based on the science as it's developed but it seems like the org is being overly cautious now and less oriented to following CDC guidelines as they previously stated.

Note: no comments from wing nut conspiracy theorists that COVID is fake. You're literally retarded.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Ours encourages masks to the point of being a requirement despite the instructuons.

Almost everyone is vaccinated and it is another requirement, but dont ask. Remember, jehovah gave us the vaccine.

• optimisticskeptic
    optimisticskeptic

I think vaccination rate is highly regional. I'm sure halls in larger cities that tend to be more educated and liberal are largely vaccinated mirroring the vax rate of the community they live in. I'm guessing more rural congregations it's prob been a pretty uphill battle. My congregation is kind of half way in between the two and we've actually had quite a few get Covid, some seriously. Only then did they get vaccinated after being hospitalized. The vaccines have been a surprisingly good litmus test for how selfless and intelligent people really are. Some people I assumed the best about have revealed themselves to be dumber and more selfish than I thought. Needless to say I avoid them at the hall more now lol.

I also think this highly regional vaccination rate impacts the ability to have assemblies and conventions. Some areas would be fine but then others it would be a super spread event.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

My thinking is they're prob being over zealous because they created a bunch of anti-medical community idiots who aren't vaccinated.

Evidently you were not hearing the same message I was informed about. Masks and vaccines, still distancing. Even after the CDC and WHO allowed citizens to once again think for themselves WT is still refusing to follow current guidelines. They were several weeks slower than everyone in shutting down, and now they are even slower about opening things up.

• luckynedpepper
    luckynedpepper

Remember;

Sign on the door say "strongly recommended". This phraseology has been discussed ad nauseum.

Farther down it says that only those exposed to covid are "required" to wear masks. By the transitive property, this means no one else IS required. Drop the mask. Its theater.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit