$1.2 billion coming, still 12 properties to go

by the girl next door 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Everyone here has valid points, they may not be broke but selling properties cutting back tells me they need cash. I think the bigger picture is they are not retaining people or signing them up like before. Religion is drying up and they are trying to shore up their company. The internet is killing off belief in the Bible, so is science, archeology etc.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    You see, this is the kind of reason why the Borg discourages education so much!!!! Is the teaching of science which can totally trump the bible. Education increases the ability of one to think, critically which the Borg strongly discourages.
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

There's an old saying: "A fool and his money are soon parted."

I'm old, and I'll add the saying, "The more the fools, the sooner the parting."

• Fernando
    Fernando
    Maybe a little harder to plead poverty to the Watchtower's many Candace Contis...
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Having the "conscious class" finally zipping up their wallets at the same time the court cases start piling up* can't help but cause a cash flow pinch, regardless of how much the Org owns in non-liquidated assets.

x

*...in the wake of a near-foolproof winning precedent being set in the US and ramped-up investigations in the UK and Down Under...

• wifibandit
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

It's truly amazing how much property they have owned over the years, truly a real estate empire.

• kairos
    kairos

I expect the GB will be 'raptured' to wherever the money is being laundered.

Everything will come to an abrupt halt.

"What happened?" will be the only thing whispered as they stare at their recently sold KHs in confusion.

---

The above would not surprise nor shock me. ( at all )

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

konceptual99, that was an absolutely brilliant post! Thank you. Everything you said makes sense.

• Moster
    Moster

Just did some quick figuring. Since 2004 the JWs have sold at least 14 properties and have apprx recd $915,985,000.00. They still have at least 2 more sales to make worth apprx. 1.2B. Why do they keep making my dad pay for the construction cost of the latest kingdom hall?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit