Shunned: How I Lost My Religion and Found Myself [interview with Linda Curtis]

by Fay Dehr 2 Replies latest jw experiences

• Fay Dehr
    Fay Dehr

http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-life-and-religion/260116/unorthodox-podcast-episode-133-rachel-simmons-linda-curtis-jehovahs-witness

Fast forward podcast to 42:30 where Linda's interview begins...

New York Times writer Mark Oppenheimer interviews Linda Curtis, whose memoir Shunned: How I Lost My Religion and Found Myself, chronicles her decision to leave her close-knit Jehovah’s Witness community, which ultimately led to her being formally shunned by the religion. Linda tells us about life as a Jehovah’s Witness, why she left, and why she has no animosity toward the community—and family—that shunned her. Her story begins when she is on the house-to-house ministry and knocks on the door of her co-worker...and begins to "hear" her own voice...

Linda Curtis is an executive consultant, speaker, and mindfulness teacher who lives in the San Francisco Bay Area. Since 2003 she has consulted with hundreds of successful entrepreneurs, leaders, C-suite executives, and their teams. Her client list includes MasterCard, RSF Social Finance, NASDAQ, and KPMG. She serves on the core faculty of the Search Inside Yourself Leadership Institute (SIYLI.org), the groundbreaking mindfulness and emotional intelligence program developed at Google. She teaches their Search Inside Yourself course around the world at organizations including Google, Red Bull, L’Oreal, Vanderbilt University, Genentech, and LinkedIn.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Fay Dehr:

Thanks for the info! Sounds very interesting.

Atlantis!

• Whynot
    Whynot

I just listened to the interview. I'm so impressed by how successful she has become, wow! She has a book on how to leave a fundamentalist religion. I was hoping she would mention the sex abuse scandal or the failed armageddon predictions but she was too polite imo. But we all have different reasons for leaving.

She has excellent information on her website about leaving with honor. She oozes positivity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit