shunning demonstration

by zeb 4 Replies latest jw friends

• zeb
    zeb

Iam informed of a public anti-shunning demo coming up in Melbourne,Australia.

More info as I get it.

• RayoFlight2014
    RayoFlight2014

https://youtu.be/jUEKkfDuwOU

The youtube video above explains some of the details and you can join the facebook group for more information.

I will be attending the event, not sure in what capacity, but I'll be there in support of those who are suffering because of watchtowers coercion of members to shun; even family members who no longer believe as they do or were disfellowshipped.

We all should be free to shun anyone we personally find to be toxic in our lives, but we should never be subject to undue influence and sanctions if we don't comply with a religious organisations arbitrary rules.

RayoFlight2014.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I attended the International Jehovah`s Witness Convention held at the melbourne Showgrounds ? in 1963 ?

It was a flop as an International Convention because very ,very few International visitors turned up.

It will be interesting to see who turns up for the demonstration as well as the attendance figures .

The stadium has a capacity of about 53,000 and I think there maybe about 70-80,000 JW`s in Australia.

Good luck to all of those who plan on going for the re-union and protest and meet-up .

I was involved in about 6 congregations around the Melbourne area in the 1960`s and would love to know if they know me or I them , the protesters I mean.But at this stage I can`t see myself being their . Pity.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

I was shunned four times yesterday. Once even by a special pioneer. I stood right in front of her and waited to see what she would do. And the only reason she refuses to speak to me is because I say that Dan 1:1 is talking about the 3rd year of Jehoiakim's rulership. Not the 11th year of his rulership.

Oh and also the fact that the Co-ordinator of the Body of Elders used the platform to say that the special pioneer's trolley-mate's husband said I was no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Once the CoBE got off the platform he said he had nothing to do with making that decision but just had to go along with it.

• zeb
    zeb

oh it is that tiresome cowardly thing.."Just obeying orders."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit