a theory- different scenario for future of JW

by closed 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• closed
    closed

Why does the org sell so many properties? I just was wondering... May be they are thinking of ditching 1914 doctrine and other teachings. It will be not a new light but completely different religion. It will be sharp decline in followers because of it. And now my theory. They pile up the cash to survive years of decline. It is not about payments for molesters victims but they are preparing for drastic change of teachings and drop in members. What do you think?

• oppostate
    oppostate

It's crossed my mind that they're building up an endowment of sorts that will support their <ehem> work </ehem> more sustainably than just depending on publishers' contributions.

Imagine if they have a goal figure in mind and that once they've acquired those "billions" they can just sit back and rest assured that whatever the contributions or lack of them might be they'll have plenty of money to continue living ever so merrily in their Warwick compound.

Then I think, NOT. It seems to me the GoBo asking for money is one of those things that never cry out and say "Enough!" Bunch of filthy lucre loving hypocrites, the whole nasty bunch of'em with their mahogany offices, rolex and iWatch's and pinky rings!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

May be they are thinking of ditching 1914 doctrine and other teachings. It will be not a new light but completely different religion. It will be sharp decline in followers because of it.

Unlikely..

JW`s don`t care what they believe,only "that they believe"..

The WBT$ can make up any BS teaching they want..

JW`s will eat it up..

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

See, I see it a bit differently. I really think that the GB believe what they are preaching. And I think that, like Lett said, the donations don't cover everything anymore. I think the move to Warwick was planned a long time ago to centralize everything and the billion or so they made already in sales, just come with the territory. Plus the sales surely help with the lack of donations over the past couple of years.

I think they have a team of smart people (probably worldly folks) helping them with their bottom line. Then the GB said we don't need to print as much because the "electronic device" is the way to go and many a brother or sister has one. So let's run with that, and wammo. There you have it.

Just my 2 cents.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    LevelThePlayingField - "I think they have a team of smart people (probably worldly folks) helping them with their bottom line."

That's a lot easier to swallow than the possibility that they're handling it in-house.

They do outsource their legal defense, after all. :smirk:

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It's crossed my mind that they're building up an endowment of sorts that will support their <ehem> work </ehem> more sustainably than just depending on publishers' contributions.

Exactly my thoughts! Many, many universities, charitable organizations, non-profit hospitals, etc do this because they have never felt the "End of the World" was "right around the corner". I think the WTS/GB has also become aware of fact that it's a VERY BIG CORNER!

• closed
    closed

I am just thinking. The gb must know ( don't they) that overlapping generation idea doesn't agree with many r&f. They must feel that 1914 can be another failure as 1975 etc. You can't drag the last days indefinitely. And they want to secure future existence of their business to help it survive coming collapse.

• anointed1
    anointed1

Yes I agree with you. In effect they have already abandoned 1914 doctrine in their mind. It is only a matter of time they do it formally.

People can change, leaders can change--we saw it all happening in just one year, in 2016. In America, Donald Trump took the established Republican Party apart just as in Britain, Brexit hurt the Conservative establishment. Three years ago America was awash with the “we are the 99%“ activists and the “Occupy Wall Street“ squatters. The same Americans now voted in a member of the 1% that they were railing against a few months earlier.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit