Stanley Cup (Hockey)

by LV101 9 Replies latest jw friends

• LV101
    LV101

ANYONE watching the Stanley Cup? So exciting with Las Vegas Golden Knights playing second game against the Washington Capitals? Can't wait for it to start. LV is so EXCITED!

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I haven't been watching, but I've tried to keep up. I've just been super busy and trying to get to bed at a good time so that precludes staying up to watch. I want to get into hockey more, as I love watching it live, but there aren't really any teams near me. I drive a total of 4 hours just to go watch minor league hockey in Indianapolis a few times a year.

I haven't really watched Vegas much, but I watched the Caps play the Penguins a time or two. I was glad to see Ovechkin and the Caps finally get past them. With that said, I think I'd like to see Vegas win. I love the underdog, and seeing an expansion team win would be so cool.

I heard today that Seattle is the next expansion city and that they will keep the same expansion draft rules that helped Vegas. I was surprised to hear that, though honestly it's not like Vegas was just handed a fantastic team. They made lots of moves too. Good for them!

Enjoy the game! I have a long day tomorrow, so I won't watch.

• LV101
    LV101

dub -- thanks re/the game. They sure lost to the Capitals. Caps have one great defense and play dirty -- it's their MO, I guess. They're so good -- makes no sense they'd have to be such animals.

Drive 4 hrs. for a game -- WOW -- you do like it. It's certainly a fast moving game.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Ha, yeah we make a weekend of it sometimes. Get a hotel for the night and enjoy the city, plus take in a game. It's one sport my wife loves to watch too, so there's that.

The Caps have to be desperate. They've fought so long just to get to the Final. I hope it's a great series.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I hope Las Vegas wins the Cup. I watched game 1 and it was a great game. I missed game 2 last night. I'm sure it was a nail biter.

• LV101
    LV101

t_b_k -- you're lucky you missed it! LV defense needs to improve and I don't see them pulling this out against the Caps -- they are so good. Anything is possible but don't know if I can watch the Caps pound us and run the clock out during the next game this Saturday.

dubstepped -- better not be referring to you as "dub" knowing what that stands for! I understand why your wife likes hockey. It's so fast and fun - except when your team is being choked. Since you both love hockey just move to LV and you'll fit right in. You can't believe how this town is into the Golden Knights. We've never had anything like this before and residents are enthralled.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Ha! Well, moving to Las Vegas is a bit more than just driving up to Indy to watch a game now and again, so I'll pass, lol. I've never even been to Las Vegas. Heck, I've never been farther west than St. Louis. I have some traveling to do.

I think it's great that a city like Las Vegas that hasn't really had any teams suddenly gets one and they play so great.

• Steel
    Steel

It' absolutely insane that an expansion team in it's first year of existence makes it to the Stanley Cup Finals. It's like something from a Hollywood movie.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I think it's smart to do everything reasonable to help expansion teams get off to a good start. It instantly brings excitement to a new franchise to help it flourish. I've heard talking heads go on about how upset they'd be if they were a team like Toronto, but they've had a long time to get it done so I don't see how they can complain too much.

• LV101
    LV101

Yes -- they're even chattering about doing a movie about our Golden Knights. Maybe that will cease if they lose the Stanley Cup.

We are also getting the Raiders football team -- our new stadium is going to be so awesome. Of course, it's planned and angled to have a perfect shot at the Las Vegas strip but it's quite a sight all lit up at night.

dubstepped -- you must visit the wild wild west! Be sure to check out the so cal beach areas and take your wife to Laguna Beach and have dinner on one of the patios on top of the ocean and watch the sunset. Omigoodness -- it's the most amazing, mammoth, orange, ball, sinking into the ocean (visually) you've ever seen. They changed the name of my fave restaurant (we refer to it as Pacific Edge - on their property) for view but there's a couple. I'll be happy to give you names. It's my fave home!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit