Camping and Watchtower

by JWdaughter 8 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Campings org releases their financials. Camping humbly apologized for making predictions and gave it up declaring that he was searching scriptures to be more faithful.

Anyway, he had a lot in common with WT belief thAt all other churches are apostate. I think the ministry is really struggling. The spent a lot on actual ministry expenses.

It is interesting how quickly the financial trajectory can turn. Interesting how quickly assets can be depleted. That ministry would be an interesting one to look into for those reasons, esp if you know what to do with tax statements and financial audits. The family radio company might be a warning to the wtbts to not go jumping the shark with crazy stuff and expect lifelong devotees to stay that way.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

JWdaughter - "...I think the ministry is really struggling...''

When something dies a slow, quiet, ignominious death, it usually deserves it.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I'm not worried about that cult. I just recognised that even though they were doing great $, they are about done now. When new money stops coming in, there is only one direction for them to go. WT is seeing it personally, I think assets and savings being used for operating expenses, combined with a rough market. They might be hanging on by their fingernails.

Also, even the Camping cult is more transparent with finances than the WT.

• Magnum
    Magnum

I think assets and savings are being used for operating expenses, combined with a rough market. They might be hanging on by their fingernails.

I can't wait to find out. I'm hoping we'll get more indications and evidence in the near future.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

JWDaughter - "...even the Camping cult is more transparent with finances than the WT."

Actually, I would argue that Camping's apology and public renunciation of End-Times date-setting (along with said transparency) probably disqualify the group from the "cult" label.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    Well, I'm still think they false prophet mode of thinking. It's good they apologised and really repented, but they can't go back from it imo. They actually believed it. . .so they have a lot to change in the mentality. That doesn't change so easy. They are very wtbrs-like in some ways of thinking.
  • Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

Watchtower on Harold Camping

Mr. Pot meets Mr. Kettle.

__

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Oh bugger; I didn't know the WTS actually had the audacity to wag their finger at the poor guy...

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    Oh bugger; I didn't know the WTS actually had the audacity to wag their finger at the poor guy...

Yes. They did.

Today that audacity inspired me to be a little creative.

These two special entities (Family Ministries, Inc. and Watchtower, Inc.) deserve a side by side comparison!

___

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit