Logic and reasoning

by dutyfree 1 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dutyfree
    dutyfree

Hello Everyone!
    I have several questions, the first of which concerns the blood issue.

I am a bit puzzled as to why JWs insist on refusing to accept blood, even if it means the difference between life and death.

In the bible it says,'... you should abstain from blood...'

How are we to interpret that? Well, bearing in mind that it was written several thousand years ago, it would seem logical to assume that the writer's intended meaning was to persuade the people living in that time not to drink blood. I believe the writer meant this.

The average JW has a different mindset to the person on the street. He thinks differently, almost like he is being directed by someone else, sort of remote-controlled.

JWs have this idea that there will be this Paradise Earth after Armageddon.

The fact that Armageddon was first scheduled for 1881 when C T Russell was the President does not seem to weaken this belief.

The fact that none of the predictions have come to pass does not seem to make any difference. Still they persist. Why?

Anyway, I'm drifting... back to the point...

So, the writer's intended meaning then. All those thousands of years ago, the equipment ie IV needles, did not exist to inject blood, so logically he could not have meant this, right?

Also, is the writer explicit in saying that blood must not be used if it is to save a person's life? No, he isn't. So.... we have to use our grey matter. The brain, in other words.

Imagine this scenario...

Your child is dying from an incurable disease. He needs blood to allow him to live. You are a JW and you refuse to let the doctors give him blood, insisting on blood substitutes be used instead. The doctors say that only real blood will work. Otherwise he will die. Simple as that.

Is one supposed to just sit back and pray that he will somehow survive, or what?

Or, must one think about the life he will lead on the Paradise Earth?
    But, JWs have been expecting that for over 120 years and still no sign!!

One more question - WHERE IS THE LOGIC IN THIS RELIGION?! I CANNOT SEE A SINGLE OUNCE OF RHYME OR REASON, JUST MADNESS.

Conclusion: The majority, but by no means all of JWs are brainwashed, confused and misguided people. I have many friends who are JWs and they are the most trustworthy, decent people you could expect to meet, so it is rather sad.

Regards,

Dutyfree

• Lindon
    Lindon

well said.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit