Jersey City Assembly Hall Memories

by LexIsFree 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    Never been to the Stanley, my dad didn't force me to attend by the he time my Conegation was assigned there. I have memories of the Bliss Theater in Queens.
  • RubaDub
    RubaDub

Was at the Stanley once years ago and my fondest memory were the cramped seats and lack of legroom. When someone had to go to the bathroom during the meeting the whole row had to stand up.

Rub a Dub

• River Song
    River Song

You know, I've been lurking here for about seven months. It's funny that this is the topic that finally gets me out in the open. But for some reason Stanley Theatre has been on my mind a lot recently. My parents left me and my sister's for a week at my aunt's house in order to go do the original renovations in the 80's. I really have nothing but fond memories of Stanley but then I really was just a little kid. Someone else on here mentioned those light shows at the end of assembly and really they were the highlight of the event for me. But I was 4 and 1/2 so I was pretty easily impressed. I remember when I was 5 going to go see "The Nutcracker" on a school trip (my parents were immigrants and didn't know it was Christmas related! :) and thinking the show would end with a light show like Stanley Theatre.

Anyway, sorry so long winded. -River

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit