No Kingdom Halls would definitely work!

by John Aquila 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

Last night we were invited to a get-together with quite a few heavies attending—elders and regular pioneers. There was beer and later some music. Everyone got relaxed and let down their guard and starting talking all kinds of non-theocratic stuff that you only discuss after a few beers. Movies like Jurassic park, iron man, predator vs alien, all those movies with violence------ but it’s okay.

When I saw everyone in a merry mood, I asked the question;

“Hey, what would you guys think if the Society decided to go all tech and get rid of all the Kingdom Halls and everyone just listened to all the meetings and conventions on video, internet or TV?”

It got real quite!!!!-------

I thought I was in trouble---------------

then---------

Everyone started----------------------------“Hell ya”

They started voicing their thoughts on how great it would be not to have to go to all the meetings, no traveling far for conventions.

Then they went beyond what I had asked.

And it brought a smile to my face.

They continued with the idea that perhaps in the future, field service would involve internet, and email witnessing and no more door to door. You should of seen the evil grins.

But why stop there. One elder blurts out; “No judicial committees, no disfellowshipping”

Then one sister blurts out, “Every type of conduct would be between Jehovah and the individual.

One brother blurts out; “No more elders, no more elders meetings, no CO hectic week”

One young kid jumps in and says; “No Bethel service and No regular pioneering”

One old sister and her old husband jumps in with a serious frown on his face and asks the question; “Yea but how would we baptized new ones?”

A bunch of teenagers shout; “ Home baptism.”

And it just went on and on…………They kept up the conversation for about an hour.

And to my surprise they worked out the details better than we would have here on this site.

Would it work?

Well I did some research and found out that there are several fundamental religious evangelists who have been very successful at making money via social network, internet, and TV. Even non-Christian extremist are successful in recruiting for their cause.

So think about the idea of a paradise earth with no death, getting young again, a resurrection, no war, sickness, animals at peace, and all you have to do is watch videos and read a few magazines and Donate. That’s it!

Is it possible the Watchtower is headed that way? With all the Bethel layoffs, less printing, magazines even being cancelled in some countries, very few Kingdom Halls being constructed.

And they wouldn’t have to worry anymore about any more child sexual abuse lawsuits.

I think we got a winner!

• Giordano
    Giordano

My reaction is.....WOW. In that setting no one raised an objection? No one defended the meetings?

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    Giordano

My reaction is.....WOW. In that setting no one raised an objection? No one defended the meetings?

Well the old guy and his wife did try to object, (Probably in their 70s) but the young teenage kids shut them up pretty quickly.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Did this really happen?

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    nicolaou
    Did this really happen?

Yes N.

Of course it's just a small group of Jws, and not representative of the entire jw world.

But I would venture to say that most jws deep down inside feel the same way but won't admit it publicly unless they are in a non-threatening environment and relaxed. With the exception of older ones who invested all their lives in the organization. (sunk cost fallacy)

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

@John Aquila. That group is thinking along the lines I've been thinking.

I agree with all of the above plus I think old rubber lips himself will want to have a program on TV (or internet, which ever brings in more money) for children. I do not think he was kidding that the WT/GB wants little children to give them their allowance i.e. ice cream money.

They will get rid of the name Watchtower.

And I also agree, everything will be a conscience issue between god and yourself. No more issued blood cards.

Sell off the KHalls.

Do whatever it takes to make THEM more MONEY. After all, going back to the days when they were selling MIRACLE WHEAT... WATCHTOWER has always been about the MONEY.

LoisLane

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    John, I so love your stories but the vast majority of them ping my BS meter. I don't know why someone would make up crazy stories like this but I have a hard time believing them. If this is real. WOW!!! If it's fake, you should begin writing novels because you have one hell of an imagination.
  • nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    You always have a story to tell. B.S.!
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

That is a good question if I'm ever with a group of jdubs in a nice setting I think I will ask it.

One nice thing about going completely digital would be you could miss meeting or watch them when you got the time soon everyone will not even watch them as they have no elders to police them and then the so called truth will fade into obscurity.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door
    LMAO! Must have been some fine beer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit