A short story "Am I in the Truth"?

by JW Answers 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JW Answers
    JW Answers
    Short Story : "Am I in the 'Truth'.."

"What IF you grew up in a family home which taught you that there is a God, however He was always too busy to hear your prayer requests, and that we should never disturb him. Your family member taught you this, taught you to fear God, to obey him, but to never pray to Him, otherwise you would be destroyed at a coming date. You listened intensively to your parents 'wisdom' and obeyed them. - They brought you into a building every Sunday which taught you God exists, but He doesn't want to be disturbed with our plea's or requests. Furthermore your parents brought you into circles of friends who believed the same, and all through your school life you tried to tell everyone, God exists, but you shouldn't pray to Him....

Your parents taught you growing older that should you believe any different from the organisations teachings, you would be shunned, become an outcast, and be treated as if you no longer existed.. - You attended an organisation which published articles monthly explaining from their headquarters that God existed, but you were not to pray to Him, and if anyone told you otherwise, you were told to to ignore them... after all you would not want to be destroyed in that coming date.

One day as you are walking in town, a Christian approaches you and tells you that God loves you, and send His Son to die for you, and that you could call upon Him for salvation... The Christian even tries to show you some verses from the bible, but you panic, thinking this is the devil trying to catch you out, you MUST remain faithful to the 'truth'.

One day, when alone in your home, you open the bible and a verse springs out the page at you...

1 Peter 5:7
    "Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you."

You think.. how can this be possible? The organisation have said we cannot do this.. is it possible that there are errors in God's own word? You refute the word of truth and stay loyal to the organisation, knowing that you are pleasing the God that they serve.

One day, you walk past a church building, which reads...

Romans 10:13
    "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

How can you call upon God, if he doesn't wish to be disturbed? you ponder... then curiosity gets the better of you... you open the bible and read more...

Luke 18:1
    "And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;"

Doubt creeps in from what you have been taught all your life... you then approach the Govern Body with your thoughts on the matter, and explain that the bible says something that the organisation doesn't teach...

The Organisation tell you that the bible is mis-leading in some parts, and explain that the Organisation has more truth than the scriptures.. they even show you a verse..

Proverbs 28:9
    "He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination."

They explain that the law is their organisation, and if you turn your ear from the hearing of their teachings, your prayer will be an abomination.... you fear, tremble and obey their words, and ignore what you read in the scriptures... after all.. you are in the 'truth'...

All through your life... you stand on the street smiling, telling others that the organisation you are in is 'truth', telling others about a God which doesn't want to hear their prayers... your so convinced you are correct, you feel that God is proud of you. Christians approach you trying to help you to wake up, and show you the truth... and you wave them away, saying to yourself "This is just another demonic attack".

Your life is up, and it's time for you to pass on out of this world, you stand before God and He asks you "My dear, why did you never speak to me? Why did you never give me your concerns?" You respond, "I was told by your organisation that I was to never speak to you, that it would disturb you..." God responds.. "I spoke to you, I opened MY word to you, showing you MY words, I even sent some of my servants to speak to you, but you listened to the word of men, their traditions, ideas and heresies. You respond, "But I was shown from YOUR word that if I disobeyed the organisation, even my prayers would be an abomination..?" God responds "That verse was to do with my people the Jews, not the Gentiles, it was under the law, it was not under grace which you were under, you never allowed me to show you the truth by rightly dividing the word of truth, you ignored me when I showed you my words, and you ignored me when I sent my servants to teach you, therefore because you obey the organisation... I cannot allow you to enter my paradise."

---
    This story may seem like a school yard yarn, but in reality it happens today with Jehovah's Witnesses... They are brought up believing that they are in the truth, and when Christians teach them, they are being 'attacked'. This story concerning prayer although has no bearing on the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses, they do however listen to what their organisation feeds them, rather than being fed with the real truth of scripture.

The bible says..

Romans 3:4
    "God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged."

2 Timothy 2:15
    "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

Jesus said...

John 14:6
    "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

Jesus is the WAY the TRUTH and the LIFE... NOT an Organisation.

Jehovah's Witnesses are heading for a lost eternity, their views may be wrong, their ideas may be "out there" but they still need to know the truth and help them to come to the Lord Jesus for their sins to be cleansed.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

At least JW is have a church pulpit to preach from. The best you can do is write long winded posts that no one reads on this message board which is 90% atheist?

BTW— “short story”? It was damn near a novel.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

I think it is interesting that you end the story, the same way a Jehovah's witness would.

"....you ignored me when I showed you my words, and you ignored me when I sent my servants to teach you, therefore because you obey the organisation... I cannot allow you to enter my paradise."

Just like the JW's, it doesn't matter if the person is sincere, you just have to be in the right religion.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    taught you that there is a God, however He was always too busy to hear your prayer requests, and that we should never disturb him. Your family member taught you this, taught you to fear God, to obey him, but to never pray to Him, otherwise you would be destroyed at a coming date.

EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY I was taught and deeply believed this, there's no point in praying. Its either part of God's plan, in which case it will happen, or it's not in which case it won't and anything you want doesn't matter either way so there's no point bothering him for your unimportant requests. You are not worthy in any case to bother God with your petty requests.

Needing things for yourself is selfish. Thinking about yourself is unspiritual. Not Christian.

Pray for his will be done and kingdom to come and that's it.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Relax, Satan is not out to get you or anyone. You could try using scientific values instead to determine truth since the Bible fails at every corner to provide reliable information.

I understand how you feel hard done by as a JW (we all sympathise) but don't waste a second chance in life by jumping out of the frying pan into the "Jesus saves" fire. No one has been saved by Jesus anymore than a JW has been saved by the Watchtower.

There is no idealised "Truth" which we could find ourselves in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit