Attention Governing Body, What does nature tell you about a male having long hair?

by Greybeard 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

I was raised my entire life to believe it is a shame for a man to have long hair because of this Bible scripture 1 Corinthians 11:14, “Does not nature itself teach you that long hair is a dishonor to a man?” NWT However the International Standard Version reads, “Nature itself teaches you neither that it is disgraceful for a man to have long hair.” So what does nature really teach us? Jesus was called, “The Lion of Judah” and the King of the Jungle has long hair. Thank you nature for clearing this twisted scripture up for me. (Acts 2:17)

Matthew 7:7-8, "It is in vain that they keep worshipping me, for they teach commands of men as doctrines.’ You let go of the commandment of God and cling to the tradition of men.” NWT

• blondie
    blondie

(Acts 21:21-26) 21 But they have heard it rumored about you that you have been teaching all the Jews among the nations an apostasy from Moses, telling them neither to circumcise their children nor to walk in the [solemn] customs. 22 What, then, is to be done about it? In any case they are going to hear you have arrived. 23 Therefore do this which we tell you: We have four men with a vow upon themselves. 24 Take these men along and cleanse yourself ceremonially with them and take care of their expenses, that they may have their heads shaved. And so everybody will know that there is nothing to the rumors they were told about you, but that you are walking orderly, you yourself also keeping the Law. 25 As for the believers from among the nations, we have sent out, rendering our decision that they should keep themselves from what is sacrificed to idols as well as from blood and what is strangled and from fornication.” 26 Then Paul took the men along the next day and cleansed himself ceremonially with them and went into the temple, to give notice of the days to be fulfilled for the ceremonial cleansing, until the offering should be presented for each one of them.

*** w98 7/15 p. 23 A Christian View of Funeral Customs ***

A South African man named Benjamin was 29 years old when he heard about the sudden death of his father. At that time, Benjamin was the only Witness in his family. During the burial service, everyone was expected to file past the grave and throw a handful of soil onto the coffin. After the burial, all immediate family members had their heads shaved. Since Benjamin did not share in these rituals, neighbors and family members predicted that he would be punished by the spirit of his dead father.

• Greybeard
    Greybeard
    "The bobbed hair craze is sure to lead to baldness, sooner or later. The reason for this is that human hair is like a tube sealed at the free end. When the hair is cut, the oils which are the life of the hair become dissipated. The reason why men grow bald so quickly is that they have their hair cut so frequently and, in addition, wear tightly fitting hats, which cut off the circulation of the scalp." Golden Age 1924 Nov 19 p.100
  • Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    I love old Golden Age/Consolation/Awake articles.
  • Greybeard
    Greybeard
    All of the old articles are full of empty words and predictions. That is why the JW online library only goes back a few years. "But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken." Thank you internet for saving those words. Matthew 12:36 NIV "I am frustrating the signs of the empty talkers, And I am the One who makes diviners act like fools; The One confounding the wise men And turning their knowledge into foolishness; The One making the word of his servant come true And completely fulfilling the predictions of his messengers." NWT / Completely fulfilling the predictions of his messengers? What does completely mean? Governing Body your predictions have failed to come true, many empty words, isn't it about time to admit it? Take a vote.
  • fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

In many ancient cultures men had long hair. Hair length is relative anyway.

Just more evidence that so-called 'sacred texts' are bullshit.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy
    Samson. Dedicated to Yahweh. Long hair. Need I say more?
  • fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent
    disposable hero of hypocrisy : Samson. Dedicated to Yahweh. Long hair. Need I say more?
    Right! Good point.
    1. He was a nazirite, and was only allowed a once-a-year haircut.
    So YHWH/JESUS can make laws and then break their own laws.
    Illogical buggers, arn't they?
    2. The woman he spent the night with was a prostitute.
    So I wonder if I could use that for an excuse with a judicial committee?
  • compound complex
    compound complex

Although not on stage, I was still commenting at meetings while bearded and hair some 12 inches long . . .

Varying standards in JW land.

CC

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

My hair at this very moment is the longest it has ever been in my entire life. It's going longer....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit