A few women that have made an impact in Christendoms religions in the last 200 years ,none of which are Jehovah`s Witnesses .

by smiddy3 2 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Aimee Semple Mcpherson founder of The Four Square Church.

Catherine Booth Co-Founder of the Salvation army.

Ellen G.White Co-founder of the Seventh Day Adventists

Mary Baker Eddy founded christian Science.

Florence Crawford founder Apostolic faith Mission

This is just a few of the movements where Christian women had a very important role in getting them off the ground and were accepted by males as having Gods approval.

And it is not without biblical precedence judges Ch.4 & 5 that relates about Deborah who was a prophetess and Judge over Israel for fourty years with Jehovah`s approval and blessing of peace he gave her during her reign .

How do these facts fit with women in the JW religion ? Where your role is just one of being subservient and being obedient to all males in the congregation and keeping your mouth shut .

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

The first on your list, Aimee Semple McPherson, had a great impact on a teaching colleague now deceased

She (Velma) suffered from cerebral palsy as a little girl. Her dad became an Atheist as a result. Velma was a quadriplegic, she couldn't walk or talk. Her sisters brought her to an Amiee Semple McPherson meeting and she came home walking and talking. Her dad became a Christian as a result

. Velma became a teacher and worked at the Mackay Center for the deaf and physically disabled in Montreal. I worked with her for a number of years before she retired.

Mcpherson's life was not untouched by scandal but she was used by God in amazing ways.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

That`s very interesting Vanderhoven7 that you knew Velma personally who benefited from A.S.M meetings.

Apparently their have been a couple of movies about her .

"Sister Aimee" in 2007 she was a Pentecostal preacher I believe.

The other was a 1930`s film about her .

They could be interesting to watch If I could find and view them .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit