The Israelites never escaped captivity.

by Makaveli 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Makaveli
    Makaveli

A major event accepted by Christians, Jews and Muslims around the world is that Moses led an exodus from the clutches of Pharoah and Egypt into the promised land. Many doubters of this story conclude that this was merely a peasants revolt, not one led by some kind of God.

Fortunately, we have new evidence that suggests otherwise.

This evidence shows us that there was never an exodus from Egypt.

Tell el- Amarna, on the east bank of the Nile, some 200 miles south of horsefly ravaged Cairo city, was once the site of the Pharoah Akhenaten's capital city. Archeologists were amazed when a group of peasants found numerous clay tablets inscribed with a cuneiform script when they were searching for decomposed mud bricks.

These tablets shown that the so called promised land of Canaan during the supposed time of the exodus was a province of Egypt ; therefore IF the Israelites had managed to flee from Pharoah, just managing to get away from his army after the parting of the Red Sea, they would have simply been passing from one Egyptian ruled province to the next.

There is very little attempt at realism in the scriptures. It has been argued that Archeology PROVES the bible. Incorrect. Archeology can not be used to back up theology. Neither should it be used for such.

At the turn of the century, wealthy Jewish and Christian businessmen pumped lots of money into biblical digs in and around Israel. After the creation of Israel, leaders were keen to back up their claims of a Jewish homeland by means of biblical finds, dictating that Israel has a right to exist as it has roots firmly in the biblical account.

These leaders and wealthy businessmen encouraged archeologists to dig with their bible in one hand, and their spade in the next.

Today, the story is gradually shifting. The Israeli / Jewish right to a homeland is like fine sand slipping through your hands.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Makaveli : This evidence shows us that there was never an exodus from Egypt.

Very interesting ... never heard about that
    www. sources maybe ? to get more info about that ... ?

and oh ... MORE ... please ... I beg you ... please ... again

I don't think you introduced yourself yet ... a bit to early maybe ??? whatever I'm following the info

• Satanus
    Satanus
    These tablets shown that the so called promised land of Canaan during the supposed time of the exodus was a province of Egypt

Any proof?

SS

• City Fan
    City Fan

Hi there Makaveli

These tablets shown that the so called promised land of Canaan during the supposed time of the exodus was a province of Egypt ; therefore IF the Israelites had managed to flee from Pharoah, just managing to get away from his army after the parting of the Red Sea, they would have simply been passing from one Egyptian ruled province to the next.

Not only that but the Amarna letters show that the city states of Canaan were also pathetically weak. In one of these letters from the king of Megiddo to Pharoah, he asks for only 100 Egyptian troops to protect him from an attack by the king of Shechem. The Egyptians had several garrisons in the area including Galilee and Jaffa and it's difficult to see them standing by as a group of refugees from Egypt conquered these cities one by one. In fact the only independent reference to the Israelites at this time is the Merneptah victory stele which shows how Egypt defeated the Israelites.

Archaeological evidence shows that city states at this time had little or no defences, simply because the area was protected by a series of Egyptian forts in northern Sinai.

• Makaveli
    Makaveli

Thankyou for the interest.

I didn't have a URL, I have researched by other means.

I quickly done a search, this looks quite promising.

http://www.seminary.georgefox.edu/courses/bst550/reports/LPrice/amarna.html

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

There is a wide agreement now between major critical scholars that the Exodus & Conquest story is but one of the many elements of the Israelite historical reconstruction, in which the so-called "Foreign-Israel-vs-Native-Canaan" scheme is nothing but a fiction tending to back up the claims of the "Judeans / Jews", i.e. the returnees from Babylon gathered around Jerusalem, against the "people of the land", i.e. Israelites who never went into captivity, gathered around the Persian administrative capital in Samaria. In fact, the only history behind the Biblical text is the Palestinian history from 6th century BC onwards. Pharaoh Merneptah's stela, in the 14th century BC, mentions "Israel" amongst defeated peoples in Canaan: were the Exodus & Conquest story historical that would not be possible.

• Navigator
    Navigator

My contention is that there were no "Israelites" until Moses welded them together in the 40 year period wandering in the desert. The Hebrews were an underclass who had come across the border to find work on the construction projects and take advantage of the reliable food supply (thanks to the annual flooding of the Nile river). Famine is a very powerful motivator. Not very different from what is happening today when "braceros" come across the Rio Grande to find work on U.S. construction project. You can't work on construction here in Texas if you can't speak spanish. There are documents discovered in Egypt where governors of the outlying provinces are complaining to Pharoh about the "hibiru" (translates "raider") coming into the land. I doubt that Pharoh had an OSHA or Federal Employment Commission or minimum wage laws to protect them. The portrayal by C.B. Demille in Exodus appears to be mostly a fabrication.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit