Elder On Tablet During Prayer

by jw07 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Divergent
    Divergent
    RichardHaley:
    Attendants are to remain alert at all times even during prayer. This is emphasized more at larger gatherings like memorial and assemblies.

True. However, I haven't seen this during congregation meetings, only during conventions, where the attendants are instructed NOT to close their eyes but to be vigilant & on the lookout for any suspicious activity / threats. Besides, the brother was looking at his tablet half of the time, so it wasn't likely that he was assigned to look out for the rest of the congregation

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

Once you go up high enough in rank, you don't have to follow the petty rules as much anymore. Kinda like how elders always seem to turn in required amounts of service time but are only seen out once a month. Kinda like how elders get to leave their seat & walk around talking to others about "important big boy things" that could easily wait until after the program is over.

Let me tell ya--from experience: when an MS tries to pull off any of those things I just listed, including not bowing their head & closing their eyes during prayer, they get called out. Big time. Those items kept coming up in the B-room. "Hey, can we meet with you for a few minutes in the back?" Followed by 10 minutes of them telling me how I suck.

Die. All of them.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Yes, it's many of the hypocritical ways of the elders.
  • TheMark
    TheMark
    Elders usually have the "god he knows me and he knows I'm right" attitude. They really are a bunch of hypocrites and I can't stand them. Chosen by holy spirit...yeah right.
  • millie210
    millie210

I think a lot of elders have a superiority complex about it all.

They do so much of the work that they view prayer and other things as "for the sheep".

Similar to a parent reading a bed time story to a kid

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    IMHO, elders are the ones who are supposed to be setting the example, like that of prayers. They should be the ones with their heads down and not fiddling with tablets. Hypocrisy.
  • fulano
    fulano
    Who says you should have your eyes closed during prayer..
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well said Dario!

very true!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

One elder in the local congregation always looks around during the prayer. Out the window, at the sisters figure in front etc....

He did it again this week.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Was there an important sports event happening at that time?

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit