Ex JW Doctors/Lawyers/Etc.....?

by Iamallcool 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Nobody responded so far on my previous thread. No Problem. The last sentence I asked if you know of any Doctors or Lawyers, etc..that left the borg too?

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

I recently read that a long time lawyer for them left the org, took them to court, sued them for I suppose slandering his name which would ofcourse affect his career as a laywer (he left coz he did not agree with them when they asked/changed some rule which he said was wrong morally n unlawful to do) and won. This had happened in the 80's or so .I am sorry do not remember the source but if I find it I will post here.

I read up and visit so any websites that I cant keep up what I read, where.

Zing

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Zing,

I think you have Olin Moyle in mind? That was back in the 1930s though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olin_R._Moyle

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

@Anders andersen, thank you for bringing that to mind. You may be right or it was someone else i am thinking of.

Zing

• Half banana
    Half banana

Since more than half of its members leave the JW religion including lawyers, I would assume that before hiring the services of JWs who are qualified at law; they make non-disclosure agreements. Were it not for these measures I imagine the Watchtower would have already died from negative publicity.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I was a JW and now I'm a doctor. I qualified after leaving.

Anything I can help with, why are you asking buddy?

• Victor
    Victor

JW's have never had any professional rational free thinking demographic that exists in other "main stream" religions. One they cannot be easily converted as rational thinkers, and two they can never become one if they are born into the religion. The organization is made up of working class blue collar workers who generally have no education beyond what is mandated by the government.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

If I remember correctly we had a female JW nurse at a hospital in the congregation I last attended over 27 years ago ,I would love to know if she still remained a JW .And this was in S.E.Qld. Australia.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit