Homeskoold Kidz Raiz Ur Hand

by Wild_Thing 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Who else was homeschooled? What was your experience with it?

I was one of the few that I know that actually finished. Most of the Witness kids I knew that homeschooled usually stopped and just got their GED (this is what my sister did). I was the "typical" brainwashed goody two shoes 14 year old homeschooled pioneer.

I am quite a critic of homeschooling now. Such a bad idea for how many reasons, unless it's absolutely necessary (like for health reasons).

With Betsy Devos as the new US Sec. of Education, it is a big possibility she may redirect money to families that want to homeschool. If this happens, I predict a boom in home schooling among Jehovah's Witnesses. And it will be so sad. It will isolate them further and we will probably see a surge in teenage pioneers, as well.

Nostradamus (aka Wild Thing)

• WeatherLover
    WeatherLover

I was homeschooled, and I finished as well. I never was really gung-ho about pioneering until just before and after getting baptized, which happened when I was 15. A few months after baptism I auxiliary pioneered. I planned to do it on a continuous basis, but I learned TTATT a few months later. I think public school would have been a better option for me because I wasn't always motivated enough to do my schoolwork. I did do a lot of learning on the side about things that interested me, but I am weaker in certain areas and I hope it won't hurt me too much in college. Three of my cousins pioneered through most of high school, and only one of them got their diploma.

I think that homeschooling does work for some people. But JWs shouldn't do it, because it becomes an excuse to make secular schooling a low priority and to make "spiritual education" the focus.

• zeb
    zeb

"probably see a surge in teenage pioneers, as well." and predictably force more kids into the wt extrusion die to come out with very few marketable skills, socially inept, suspicious and un fit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit