Article Re/Recruiting Pool for the MLM Industries

by LV101 8 Replies latest jw friends

• LV101
    LV101

My LDS, long-time, friend sent me article at www.pinktruth.com -- Adult Children of Dysfunctional Families: The Perfect Recruiting Pool for the MLM Industries. It's a good read how people are automatic victims to Mary Kay Cosmetics -- makes perfect sense.

Makes more sense they're easy prey to cults thus the success of Watchtower and Mormonism.

• LV101
    LV101

Have no idea if I posted this in the right section. Sorry, Simon!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

My Dad was bad for MLMs; drove my Mom crazy.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

My MLM goto response for JW's is this:

• Show them these quotes and tell them that MLM is not only a scam, but actually AGAINST their religion.

w07 10/1 p.27-28

The Snare of Materialism

8 Satan also uses the lure of materialism to entrap us. The commercial system of this world often promotes get-rich-quick schemes that may even beguile some of God’s people. At times, individuals may be urged: “Work hard. When you reach a comfortable position, you can take it easy and enjoy life. You can even pioneer.” Such words may be the unbalanced reasoning of some who take financial advantage of their associates in the Christian congregation. Think carefully about that incentive. Does it not mirror the thinking of the “unreasonable” rich man of Jesus’ parable?—Luke 12:16-21.

w07 6/15 p.29

14 Another area in which we need to be alert is that of handling money matters. For example, would we get involved in a get-rich-quick scheme that borders on fraud?

w03 12/15 p.23-24

17 Anxiety may also be brought on by materialistic pursuits. For example, some complicate their lives by living beyond their means. Others have been enticed by get-rich-quick schemes and risky financial investments.

w11 4/15 p.6-7

Taking this wise counsel to heart will help us to avoid being ensnared in greedy, questionable business practices or in unrealistic get-rich-quick schemes. (Prov. 28:20)

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Mary Kay is a business, mlm a business model. If you were raised a Mormon or a jw has nothing to in becoming a member of that Industry. I have been involved in the industry for 6 years now.

There are atheists, catholics, induists, Christians of all kinds. The families are of all types.

Many people are just ignorant of both the business model and the practices and based their opinion and a few interactions with people who are trying that kind of business.

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

Yep CyberJesus, there is a such thing as bad businesses.

MLMs, if you support them, you still have a lot to learn and have more waking up to do in life.

• baker
    baker
    These businesses appeal to those who want to do part time work, with full time money. I remember in the 80,s Amway,avon, tupperware, and another company that sold 1 oz gold coins for $200 each. Today when someone mentions they are working part time and want to use your house for a demonstration location, run like the devil away from them...
  • cyberjesus
    cyberjesus
    Yep CyberJesus, there is a such thing as bad businesses.

You made a point.... I just dont know what it is... are you implying that there are bad businesses? thanks for the update

MLMs, if you support them, you still have a lot to learn and have more waking up to do in life.

two incomplete senteces, would you care to expand?

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus
    These businesses appeal to those who want to do part time work, with full time money.

So its full time work with full time money better then? let me guess you work 8 hrs

I remember in the 80,s Amway,avon, tupperware, and another company that sold 1 oz gold coins for $200 each. Today when someone mentions they are working part time and want to use your house for a demonstration location, run like the devil away from them...

>> Well, that shows you have updated knowledge... in the 2010's Amway sell over 10 Billion a year, Avon still strong, and tupperware the same.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit