Genesis 38 and Me last week.

by EverApostate 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Christians please pardon me. This thread may not be suitable for you.

Last week I came upon a youtube video of DarkMatter2525 about Genesis 38. On the preface, It says that this particular chapter - Genesis 38:- has been willfully left out by many “Biblical Stories for children”

True in its sense, the chapter goes on with some nasty stuff like Judah, searching for prostitutes, and his own Daughter in law tricking and seducing him to get pregnant. (Again it’s the woman who instigates this act, as like in Lot’s story - the notorious Biblical style of humiliating women)

Haven’t heard this story in Kingdom halls or in my prior churches and Sunday schools.

Can anyone with a real open mind consider all these stuff to have been inspired by Holy Spirit (If that thing really exists?)

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Love those dark matter videos puts the old testament in proper perspective

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Yes, DarkMatter2525 and NonStampCollector were my two eye openers, on my way out.

All my reverence for the Bible was splintered with these 2 youtube channels.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Haven’t heard this story in Kingdom halls or in my prior churches and Sunday schools.

You may have heard the parts of those stories that they love to mention. They use (misuse?) the story of Lot to go on and on and on and on, ad nauseam, attacking gay people using that Sodom and Gomorrah nonsense. However, they conveniently leave out the part of the story where lot gets his own two daughters pregnant.

And they use that hideous story as a lesson on morality. Go figure.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    scratchme1010,

Yes, WT are experts at picking the candy from the gutter and preset to us with a new wrapper.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit