Why do we speak out once we learn TTATT?? Because the Society TRAINED us to do so!

by stuckinarut2 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I was just thinking about how the GB / Society hates it when people like us dare to speak up or mention anything negative about the Society.

They try and demean us, or colour Witnesses view of anyone who leaves - especially if we speak up! We know the sort of rhetoric they have been spewing forth over the last few years.

But the GB needs to face the fact that we speak out BECAUSE we have been TRAINED to do so by them! They have used scriptural passages to encourage us repeatedly to "preach with boldness"(Acts 4:29-31 Eph 6:19). To "save people" . To "preach urgently" (2 Tim 4:2) etc.

The bible speaks of TRUTH as being a "fire within our bones" (Jer 20:9) that spurs us to share TRUTH!

So when the GB or JWs in general object to us sharing TTATT (The truth about the truth), it really is their own fault!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Truth sharing is a one-way street for them, JWs are all for "sharing" as long as it's them sharing their "truths" not the other way round.

I don't try to tell them anything, not because they won't like it but because it's a waste of my time and energy.

I will make an exception if I'm in an area where the cart people on duty don't know me then I may try to ask a few questions posing as a mildly curious person who knows nothing about them but even then they're pretty impervious to new information and very suspicius of anyone asking questions.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Ah yes sparrow! Unfortunately I know all the ones who man the carts near me....so I look forward to a time when I see a cart in an area I dont know....

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

It's a fact - J.W.'s are primed by the cult not to prolong any conversations with anyone who wants to discuss the Bible - only if they want to study WT literature.

In my experience, the vast majority of J.W.'s themselves don't study scriptures. They rely on their Warwick spoon-feeding.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

But the GB needs to face the fact that we speak out BECAUSE we have been TRAINED to do so by them!

I guess that is one reason. Personally, I don't think that I am a robot, I am human, which means that like every other people in the planet i have my own thoughts and reactions to TTATT.

I think it's just human and natural to speak about all the bullshit people put up with, some for decades, some since they were born. It's just the logical, expected, natural thing to do. It's called coping. Can't see anything out of the ordinary in it.

• steve2
    steve2

It is similar to JWs criticising ex-JWs for drawing attention to the worldwide annual service report which may show areas of stagnation or decline.

JWs protest, "Why do ex-JWs make such a big fuss over numbers?" Good question.

Answer: We make a big fuss over the numbers because we were trained as JWs to make a big fuss over the heartwarming growth in the report and the little one becoming a thousand. That's why.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

EXACTLY steve2! Exactly. The very thing they boast of, is then downplayed when the narrative doesn't go as they would like!

• zophar
    zophar
    I don't try to tell them anything, not because they won't like it but because it's a waste of my time and energy.

I have found success comes with private conversations with individual JW you have been close to. Not appearing to attack their GB or beliefs I'm amazed how many are ready to express their own doubts when they are allowed to express themselves. For instance, "If JW's believe blood should be poured out, not used, even when it's your own blood, why can we take blood fractions that came from someone else's stored blood?"

Too many things held as cherished beliefs are now changed

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

This is so true. If we find TTATT and tell our family and friends because we care about them and because we've been trained to speak the truth, that's apostasy and you're out!

Exactly what happened to my husband and myself, although we refused to attend the kangaroo court and sent them a letter instead. The outcome was the same! We lost all the people we cared enough to speak the truth to.

• Kevin McFree
    Kevin McFree

my whole adult life i would find a "spiritual gem" in a watchtower and want to share the thought / idea / new understanding with those around me... then i learn TTATT and i find a corrupt little gem in a watchtower and of course my habit, my training, my love of truth, makes me share this new thing.

the fact that it hurts watchtower corperation is incidental lol. they made me this way, now they must enjoy the fruits of their labour :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit