People's Pulpit?

by bcpenney 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

Penny,

I don't know of any place on line you can find these. What picture were you looking for?

• Atlantis
    Atlantis
    She said this is the one she was looking for.
    Petra!
  • smiddy
    smiddy

C.T.Russell in one corner and J.F.Rutherford in another corner ,

come out fighting guys .

smiddy

• processor
    processor

There is a lot of contradicting information regading these publications, see my discussion here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/266074/bible-students-monthly-when-published?page=1

It seems that "Volume I" was published in 1909, hence the issue in question must be from early 1910. Likely they used slightly different versions in different cities, that's why the issue in question is not in my archive.

Even the WTS doesn't know it ;) .. since the KM mentioned someone distributing The Bible Students Monthly (the successor of the successor of The People's Pulpit) in 1906.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

You are right processor! And it is still going on today. The exact same 2 BOEs can read differently because one was printed in the United States and the other printed in Britain, or Greece. Remember that 1945 Dutch article that said that anyone who didn't get a life saving blood transfusion did not have God's Holy Spirit.

People have always wondered why they didn't see that article in English here in the US. When it comes to the Watchtower Society, you never know what is going to be in print, or what they are going to believe tomorrow, or what statement their (new light) will cause them to say.

They are the most confused and scared people on earth because their governing body have their hands around the throats of JWs and all they have to do is squeeze.

Atlantis!

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Atlantis: People have always wondered why they didn't see that article in English here in the US. When it comes to the Watchtower Society, you never know what is going to be in print, or what they are going to believe tomorrow, or what statement their (new light) will cause them to say.

And... the German Watchtower articles in WW1 that listed the Bible Students who had died fighting for Germany. And the articles encouraging the Bible Student women to write to the Bible Students who were at the front wearing German uniforms during the first world war.

Politically neutral? Ha!

Conscientious objectors? Ha!

That would depend on which Watchtower you read at the time - the 'Merican one or the German one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit