EXJWSOLIDARITY!!!!! 

by Luther bertrand 32 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Luther bertrand
    Luther bertrand

Hello, All! Given Derek O'hares legal issues for his brave protests I have created an FB Banner to show not only exjwsolidarity but also that we appreciate Derek's protests. If you have not viewed his protests GO to the "Derek Ohare1" youtube channel. Here is the FB banner that was I created FIX IT to your own fb page and show support for derek and all strugglers!. If Derek gets thrown in jail, a thousand of us will take his place!

• Simon
    Simon

It may be helpful to refer people to the legal issue, I presume it's this:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/286870/jehovahs-witness-elder-ron-felt-suing-jehovahs-witness-he-disfellowshiped-harassment-broadcasting-recording-jw-ron-felt

Personally, I have no patience for people who break the law or resort to harassment of others. If you justify it for *us* then you justify it for *them*. It is then a short step to pepper-spraying or otherwise assaulting people. None of this should be what we want to promote - it plays into the WTS narrative of exJWs being deranged and doesn't "reach" or convince anyone of anything.

If you want to break the law then you choose to do so and must pay the consequences for your actions, don't expect 'me' to take your place! Also, don't expect to promote it here .

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Ugh. This guy.

This stuff does nothing, let me repeat......NOTHING to get people out of the organization. This isn't bravery....its therapy.

He harasses generally innocent people at kingdom halls and assemblies. Simon basically said it but all this does is reinforce the narrative the WT feeds the public of the fire breathing apostate with nothing better to do.

It does no good. I sympathize with the amount of pain that could cause a man to unhinge at that level, but many of us have been through it, and worse. I am sure if the branch could covertly hire people at assemblies to do this they would. That is how much he is literally working against that which he claims to be doing it for.

Protest........these are not protests.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    I'm sorry, but I refuse to show solidarity for someone that resorts to those tactics.
  • Luther bertrand
    Luther bertrand

Simon! Thank you for responding, you bring up some very interesting points. Going all the way back even before Martin Luther King, a similar debate has existed. The debate focuses on what is the relationship between peaceful protest and other types of activism. The whole point of activism is to evoke a response, however, different people have different methods for doing this. As for breaking the law, do you feel Rosa Parks should not have sat at the front of the bus or do you feel that Ghandi should not have broken the law of British rule by making his own salt? Interesting that you bring up pepperspraying as I was one of the organizers at Occupy UC and Occupy Education, so I suppose your comment struck a cord with me. In my opinion, Laws are meant to serve the people and not the other way around. Therefore, if I or anyone else feels the need to breach a city ordinance in order to raise awareness about the problem of pedophila than hats off to them of course this is with the caveat of not going beyond principles of Civil Disobedience. As far as, the JW narrative that you rightfully bring up, I agree that it does, IN SOME PEOPLES MINDS. However, I know for a fact that some people have been reached by his protests. With regard to activism, I am sympathetic to the Weberian framework of Structural Functionalism where we all are like puzzle pieces that fit together and while some of the pieces might have advantages over other pieces the movement would be incomplete and partially impotent without each activist putting in the talents and perspective that the have. Thanks for openly sharing our opinion with me!

• cappytan
    cappytan
    ...I was one of the organizers of the Occupy UC and Occupy Education...

Well, there's your credibility problem right there.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door
    Good speech, but in the miniscule world of JWs it just does not work. All it does is validate Watchtower claims: ExJWs are mentally diseased.
  • Luther bertrand
    Luther bertrand

For those of you who wish to support Derek. Here is an alternative version.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Now the alternate version I can get behind.
  • Luther bertrand
    Luther bertrand
    @cappytan Could you elaborate on your opinion that there is a credibility problem with regard to my having been an organizer of Occupy UC and Occupy Education?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit