Disturbance during Memorial 2016.

by Ben131895 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    Tenacious a day ago

I had not yet viewed the videos until now.

Your actions are certainly commendable in the spirit of Paul's letter to the friends in Philippi as he wrote:

dare to speak the word with greater boldness and without fear." ~ Philippians 1:12-14

Paul also told the Corinthians that all things are lawful but not all things are beneficial, all things are lawful but not all things build up, let no one seek his own good but that of his neighbor. 1 Corinthians 10:23

I believe the individual in the video was less interested in enlightening anyone or in defending true worship and preserving the purity of the celebration proceedings than he was in offending a group of people he has a personal beef with and showing them who had the upper hand...the last laugh. Lets just call it what it is instead of trying to make out it was done out of noble motives.

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes
    If I had been there it would have given my family and friends something exciting to talk about for days and years to come..
  • pepperheart
    pepperheart
    JW s can give it but not take it ive had some pretty nasty times around the carts with the pioneers so while it wont wake anybody up it will do them good to have it not all their own way
  • JerryTX
    JerryTX

For the young man that toasted the shunned at the memorial I say good on him. A little self empowerment after coming out of a cult is good for you and nobody was hurt except maybe some feelings on the Jehovah's Witnesses' part. The idea that a man drinking wine and toasting the shunned at the memorial could make a Jehovah's Witness more entrenched is laughable in my opinion. On the contrary I believe they will think about it for many memorials to come and that's a good thing. It's good for them to see someone standing up against the governing body.

It reminds me a poster from years back by the name of little toe who was an elder who disassociated himself during the Sunday public talk which he was actually giving at the time. If you're interested in reading a transcript of his talk or listening to the actual talk it's here. Just look for the link on the page.

http://www.angelfire.com/trek/littletoe/Profile.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit