• Solzhenitsyn
    Solzhenitsyn

Holy crap at the similarities!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGVc5ex6RiQ

>Very much monitored

>You maintain boundaries in your mind

>The higher up you go the less freedom you have

>If you are openly dissatisfied you will become a target

>Don't raise questions or face persecution. Keep your mouth shut.

>Defecting is dangerous

>Defecting is individually a "long story" and usually thought about for a long time. Including how to get my family out as well. Lots of thought before the actual defection.

>When you leave you are a criminal and there is no communication with relatives still in

>Somebody should do something to effect change

>Afraid of the regime AND afraid of each other

• Spiral
    Spiral

Wow, spot on.

I like #2: "You maintain boundaries in your mind" - says it all.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Thank you for posting this. Fascinating!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

That was very interesting .

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

I've lost count of how often people here have commented that the WTS's "New System" would be - essentially - a global religious NK.

• blondie
    blondie

The difference between the NK and the WTS now is that the WTS does not control the laws of the countries they are in or the info that is accessible to its members. Questioning jws have some measure of protection under the laws regarding freedom of religion and access to the internet without Big Brother (WTS) able to hack into their PCs, etc.. In the future paradise of the WTS, the organization will be the only law, and enforcer of the laws.

The WTS has said that they only thing that stops them from executing apostates, is that secular law does not permit it.

• cofty
    cofty

I agree with the OP.

I've done a fair bit of reading about North Korea, Stalin's Russia, Mao's China, Germany's Third Reich, the Salafist Caliphate and post-revolutionary Iran. Totalitarian regimes have many similarities with each other and with the Watchtower.

The most basic thing they all have in common is the pursuit of a utopian fantasy at any cost.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit