need help from good elder

by enoughisenough 4 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I have a friend in another state that doesn't know I disassociated. I have come right out and said on more than one occasion when talking about what the Bible says verses the WT, that we are being duped. The person tends to agree but then buries their head in the sand and forgets. I sent a link to the article about the child molester with connections to the occult. The reply came back was how horrible that was and Jehovah has told us that not all in the congregation are good and we have to choose our friends wisely...for me to stop digging into this stuff that wasn't any of my business,I am making Satan happy and he is suckig me down, to stick to the Bible, and to get help from "good elders" ( good place to gag!) I replied : Yes, sticking to the Bible is words to live by and we won't be duped! Anyway, another friend out of state told me straight up not to send any more emails. They just don't want to see or hear anything that goes against the GB narrative. I wanted to write back and say it is the good elders under the direction of God's organization's branch that sweeps these child molesting issues under the rug...but I didn't because at least for now, they still communicate some. I have burned a lot of bridges!

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

I wish that shining a bright light on the CSA issue would wake up PIMIs but I am skeptical. Indoctrinated cult followers seem to have a strong denial reflex that prevents them from coping with reality. It seems that unless a person personally deals with their cognitive dissonance, they can't be persuaded otherwise. Many are leaving but it is because they desired freedom, got some freedom, and now they are clawing their way out. For those who are happy being controlled, they can't be shaken out like almonds on the tree.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

oops! I just couldn't not say more to the person and so wrote: where was the good elders when the victims ask for help and I pointed out that the elders call the branch's legal department ...so is it the legal department that sweeps this stuff under the rug...I also mentioned one elder was removed because he wanted to investigate the issue of the man abusing the children. I think I won't be popular!

• LostintheFog1999
    LostintheFog1999

It's a shame that you couldn't send the person a link to Barbara Anderson's excellent book, someone who was a researcher for the watchtower society and shared tons of evidence about the child sexual abuse cover-up from the top of the JW org downwards: until she was kicked out.

Failing that, get your own copy, and send relevant pages to your friend.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Barbara Anderson is one of the most honest, accurate advocates for truth that I have ever known. Her research into the issues at WTC are beyond question from what I know and can testify to as a personal witness. Some well-intentioned persons have embellished or confused facts about WTC, but Barbara only writes what is confirmed as the actual facts. She rarely speculates, but on the rare occasion that she does, she clearly makes it known for what it is. Is my recommendation glowing enough?

There is a wealth of information available on her site.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit