Follow up: the baby did not survive

by Captain Schmideo2 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

Hi,

I have become a dad not long ago, and occurrences with newborns are really heavy (my kid is doing good). There is no righteousness involved in the way health problems strike babies. No baby deserves to suffer and no baby deserves to die. But sometimes they do. Luckily it happens a lot less than it used to. if it would be an animal in wild nature, chances would have been a lot worse. the paradise hope does not comfort any parent. The practicalities make a resurrection of a baby quite impossible.

Your friend will get lots of attention up to the funeral. after that you can show to be a real friend. Any show of sympathy will do good, as long as it is authentic. Probably there will already be lots of stuff in the house that will make them remember the baby. Kids room, baby cloths,.. it will be hard for them to go through that.

• zeb
    zeb

Please accept my condolences on the loss of the little one.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

I am so sorry for your loss.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

Wow, baker, that news report from abc, man. That car was totally wrecked, and everyone just walked away from it. If this happened in a KH all the publishers would say it was Jehovah. But since it happened in a church, they will say Ecc 9:11, unforeseen occurance befalls them all.

• smiddy
    smiddy

People who pray are very superstitious to think their prayers are going to be answered and when their not make all exuses and justifications for why it wasnt answered

When people pray and what they pray for does come about its an evidence that God hears their prayers and acts upon them ,and when prayers are not answered the excuses are numerous. Its Gods will ,he wanted another Angel ,Gods ways are higher than ours.etc.,etc.,

How presumptious of them to think that way

.A prayer is like flipping a coin their are only two options either it will be answered or it wont be answered It has nothing to do with a GOD who answers it or does not answers it.

• smiddy
    smiddy

My thoughts are with you Capt.Schmideo2, its frustrating I know.

Take care.

• flipper
    flipper

CAPTAIN- I'm so sorry for your loss. My wife and I send our deepest condolences. Sincerely, Mr. & Mrs. Flipper

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Very sorry for your loss. There is no comforting a parent who has lost a child no matter their age. Sadly time doesn't really help either. We are approaching the two year mark of our daughter lost at 20 weeks with no explanation and all I can honestly say is you never forget. The saying: "Always on my mind, Forever in my heart" are the truest words ever spoken. Just be there for each other.

The paradise hope the JW's vomit out as comfort is nothing but an empty promise from an impotent nonexistent deity. Comfort and healing can come with friendship with those who have shared similar loss.

https://www.compassionatefriends.org/

• Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2

I think I need to make something clear: This happened to a woman at my old hall, no relation to my family. She had been posting updates all week long on Facebook, and actually posting updates on her condition through her pregnancy. My posting was just observation of the ridiculousness of the belief in "the power of prayer" and in religious beliefs in general.

In a matter of great timing, Betty Bowers (America's Greatest Christian (tm) ) just posted a video this week that pretty much sums it all up!

God's Annual Performance Review

• Steel
    Steel

If this didn't happen to you personally, please don't use this tragedy to further a personal agenda.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit