Should I take the drugs?

by NAPPY ROOTS 2 Replies latest social relationships

• NAPPY ROOTS
    NAPPY ROOTS

Apparently I am in need of medication. My therapist doesn't think I am handling my break up very well. All my friends think I am crazy. I just went to the doctor yesterday and he thinks I should take something so I won't be so stressed. I hate taking medicine. I figure a bottle of Merlot will work just as well. Actually, I have been a little stressed from work, kids, home, money, etc. But so is everyone else. Why is everyone so quick to take a little pill that will instantly cure everything? Is that my only solution?

• shamus
    shamus

Yes.

If your friends think you're crazy, and your therapist thinks you need it, TAKE IT. It's not like in the 70's with people taking tranquilizers for no reason...

This is only temporary and will help you. It sucks having to take meds... I know. I have to take meds for the rest of my life. (depression). It took me 7 years to figure out that I HAVE to take them, no matter what my ego says.

It's only temporary. Swallow your ego and take your pills as well.

I am sorry that things are going so crappy right now. Things pile one on top of the other, and it's hard to deal with... sometimes you do funny things that you don't even know you're doing.

Anyhoo, take your pill and chill. Your therapist doesn't earn that big income for nothing!

• talesin
    talesin

This is a very serious issue, and one that (imo) is dangerous to address to a bunch of strangers.

Get a second opinion, read a lot of info.

Your therapist and yr physician have both suggested meds, so you already have a couple of opinions. However, I don't know these practitioners - are they pill-pushers or do you trust them as holistic healers?

I agree with you on this point.

Our society is very in favour of quick fixes. If you do some research, you will learn a lot. Are you in a 'reactive' depression (ie., did something happen to trigger this?) or are you in a 'clinical' depression (ie., have you been depressed for a long time?).

Sometimes the body needs to have the chemistry changed via drugs, sometimes you can get out of it on your own.

See a second therapist if you are unsure - are you suicidal??? Are you really just 'a little stressed'? Do you need to make changes in your life? Take this seriously, my friend, whether you decide to medicate or not. Don't mess around with it.

Let us know how you are.

talesin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit