Canadian JW's exerting themselves vigorously. Really?

by clarity 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

The "tension", and "escalating" manner, that this got to, was because of the JW's. This guy, and YES it may have been a tad forward, just was asking about wanting to ask a few questions. He was upfront about wanting to tape it and that he just had a few questions. Those 3 men, IGNORING him, unable to engage him, and literally walking away from him, like children, is what escalated it.

Give the guy a chance, THEY assumed it was going to be negative, and THEY pre-judged the situation, just as much as some are saying this guy who approached them did.

When it was clear, that they WERE cowards, and just wanted to "pretend" that there was NOT a human being in front of them, then this guy acknowledged it, and walked away. He did NOT curse them out, or call them names. Yes, its true, we as the watchers of this, probably knew he wasnt sympathetic, but THEY didnt know. Their attitude was to ignore him, pre-judge his intentions, and walk away. That is essentially what HE did too. The difference, HOWEVER, is these men have put themselves on the street TO be approached, TO present information, and TO ANSWER QUESTIONS.

• clarity
    clarity

Oh gee you guys ...sorry I gave you the wrong impression, this is not my video!

Not my video but saw it & was astounded at their cowardice.

Look I am (just according to wt)... a woman. and honestly if it were me preaching vigorously on a street trying to save lives ......that "apostate's" approach would not make me run away! Those 3 or 4 men failed to show who they were trusting in & had a chance to help this guy. You can bet they were still counting the time ! Those men were not even friendly or civil when the Apostate approached them.

If they want to just stand there like a sign post........they should put up a sign that says "go away....we aren't talking!"

OK maybe next time I'll tell ya what I really think! haha

clarity

• clarity
    clarity

Ohh .. love all you dear people on here, thanks for all the comments.

Hey Magnum..... we were sincerely trying to get our time in ... that was the bottom line!

Yes they walked away like children.

clarity

• Clambake
    Clambake

I had a JW come to my doors once and asked “Do you really believe in the trinity? “ Like I was some kind of idiot.

I was of course I do. If you look at the bible and see

1. Plurality of god in the old testament

2. The Angel of the Lord from the old testament who is identified as god and being with god.

3. The claims of Christ himself

4. The way Paul uses the old testament quotes implying them to both Jesus and God at the same time.

He just turned his back and walked away. Didn’t even say good bye. ( Not that I want to get into a discussion about the trinity)

I know this guy was quite aggressive but I think it proves having a serious discussion or exchange of ideas about the bible or bible theology is quite impossible.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I had seen this one already, and i have to say i find this remarkable. It is really interesting how they simply ignore this man.

I saw this other one, where a man stands outside of a convention and simple approaches passing JWs and asks nicely if the JWs have the truth. The JWs completely ignore him as if he wasn't there. It's not like they politely decline to answer, but instead actually don't even acknowledge that he is addressing them. It's a truly stupefying thing to observe. No reasonable person can look at this behavior and think it's normal.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

JWS shy away from imposing confrontation, standing on street corners not talking to anyone suits most JWS just fine, most are there to get some easy hours so they can write it down on their monthly time sheets.

Sorry Clarity I read the opening post too fast thinking it was you who did this.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

So much for "being ready to make a defense for your faith."

Why do they even bother seting up info stands on the street? What a joke.

Did make me think though, when I went witnessing I always talked to the person other witnesses ran from, "difficult"

people or householders never scared me off. I can look back now and feel good about that. That I dignified those people with a response. And they would thank me for it.

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

I'd always try and find common ground and make it clear I was just another guy like them, nothing special just trying to share some Bible truth. Those guys on the vid are plain weird. Bet you they judged the guy on account of his earrings and appearance. I do however remember bring frightened when just not in the mood for service, so who knows what they were thinking..

• clarity
    clarity

Hi Finkel ....no problem, thanks for posting

clarity

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

That was really not cool at all. Our 'beef' is with the borg, not the bro's. Why attack the sheeple? Remember that at one time we were all sheeple.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit