BBC 4 Thought for the Day Talks about Russian Ban against JWS. by Rev Dr Giles Frazer - 24 April 2017

by Da.Furious 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Da.Furious
    Da.Furious

Just started getting on instant messaging platforms an audio clip having Rev Dr Giles Fraser talking about the Russian Ban on JWs.

This is very similar to the post on guardian. Discussed here: https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5668600843075584/guardian-russia-persecution-jehovahs-witnesses-begins-all-over-again

Link to the 3 minute audio clip: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p050zjdq

interesting point he raises is that the date the ban was announced coincided with the first day the Nazis banned JW in Germany.

I believe JWs are using this to show that the church is also supporting their case.

• freddo
    freddo

It certainly messes with JW heads!

A "Babylon the Great" minister defending them and doing a better job of it than by instructing your minions to post a gazillion letters to Putin.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

He did an excellent job, linking it to 1933, and pointing out the real issue here is state worship and state extremism not tolerating any sort of rival. JW pedants will be thinking to themselves the blood ban is based on Acts not Leviticus, and anti-military stance based on "no part of the world".

Slightly amused at Frazer's mispronunciation leading to new word "persecrated". On top of being the thinkingest people on earth JWs are the most persecrated too.

• waton
    waton

Can not open that link, about that day in the 1930s, probably not chosen deliberately by the Russians now, but the latest ban, judicially confirmed last week, was on April 20, for those that are into mysterious dates, as wt is, --that is Hitler's birthday, as I opined: a posthumous birthday gift of the Fuehrer to his adversaries? some will never learn. An ominous sign for these banners, as history has a way of repeating itself. not endorsing.

• dogon
    dogon

JWs and other cults like Scientology have no place in Society. They are destructive and liberals had better learn as with Islam that you can kill your own culture by being so tolerant you let in the wolf in sheep's cloths. JWs are evil by nature.

• Da.Furious
    Da.Furious

@waton, i presume the BBC 4 programme is for UK viewers.

I asked one of the brothers about the statement by the Rev.: If church is taking our side, doesn't that make us part of this work and part for Babylon the great! Mainly when a brother quoted this in the meeting.

I did not get an answer for this, although the looks on his face gave a lot. JWs need to start thinking and using their brains.

I agree a ban is not a solution, it gets things worse for individuals and kicks off the persecution complex.

• freddo
    freddo

@Da.Furious

BBC Radio 4 is the "flagship" BBC national radio programme in the UK.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    JWs and other cults like Scientology have no place in Society. They are destructive and liberals had better learn as with Islam that you can kill your own culture by being so tolerant you let in the wolf in sheep's cloths. JWs are evil by nature.

Although this is true, the issue is that this should happen based on an awareness that they have no place in our society, that is, no one will voluntarily follow it.

It should not come via a ban, because in this case this opens the door to arbitrary religious discrimination, and freedom of thought.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Thanks for flagging this up, Da Furious, very interesting.... A tad embarrassing for them that the dreaded "Christendom" publicly defends them .

The dubs I know firmly believe that 'The Church ' is behind the ban.... different church I know but they are supposed to all the " worldwide Empire of False Religion ".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit