Memorial Invitations - Part 2

by The Fall Guy 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Just had 2 JW's from my local KH ring my doorbell and then put the invitation through my letterbox. Absolutely no desire to talk to local JW's who know me, so I declined to answer the door.

On the subject of the invite, the very first sentence deceptively says - "On the night before he died, Jesus told his followers to commemorate his death. He said, Keep doing this in remembrance of me."

Naughty, naughty, WTBTS/CCoJW/GB/Faithful Slave - you've been economical with the facts - according to your own dogma. Didn't Jesus instruct only his anointed followers to keep doing it?

The 2nd class riff-raff Christians i.e. "great crowd" weren't included in Jesus' invitation to commemorate & partake. Shame on you

• Kevin McFree
    Kevin McFree

they twist it to appear that passing the bread and wine is the keep doing this part. i remember a few years back there was much drama because the brother delivering the same old talk never touched a plate or glass the whole night and it was felt that he didnt celebrate the memorial, as if passing the plate is the ritual

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

i remember a few years back there was much drama because the brother delivering the same old talk never touched a plate or glass the whole night and it was felt that he didnt celebrate the memorial

OMG! I can't believe some of the choreography they sometimes go through after passing the emblems to those seated -- All ushers (attendants) sit except Usher #1 who hands the emblems to the usher now sitting on end of the (first) row (we'll call Usher #2), then Usher #1 runs to other end of row to sit down while Usher #2, after passing emblem to next Usher, gets up and runs to end of row to accept it from Usher #1 who just sat down. Usher #2 then takes it up on stage so Speaker can accept emblem (like it doesn't count if he doesn't touch it) and then Speaker walks over and places it back on the table. (About 50% of the time you can tell that someone forgot the dance steps and screws it all up!) Kinda like the JW version of: Who's on first?

I always preferred to have the last Memorial scheduled at the Kingdumb Hall as we could then help dispose of the remaining wine if it was a decent Chianti or Cabernet. (No cheap Manischewitz for me!)

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Absolutely no desire to talk to local JW's who know me, so I declined to answer the door.

Interesting that what I suggested in your part one didn't seem to be a welcome thought, yet that's exactly what you did.

Go figure.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

scratchme said, "that's exactly what you did."

If you care to read my exact response, you'll see that I did nothing of the sort: I didn't thank them, let them be, and dismiss them. I refused to engage with them and ignored them - something which every potential JW recruit would and should be advised to do.

• tiki
    tiki

Do they have the date right this year?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit